Horn helmets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Horn helmets

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Are any of the men that wear the hats with horns on this forum?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Horn helmets

Post by sapajo »

I never knew Tigers had horns. :smt009 I guess it beggars the question why horned hats are not sold in the Tigers Store :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

They stand just up from us on the terrace but not part of their band...

Very Germanic and probably a bit scarier/intimidatory than the 'bangra collective' :smt002
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

MrPartridge wrote:Very Germanic and probably a bit scarier/intimidatory than the 'bangra collective' :smt002
What a :censored: racket they were yesterday! Very monotonous and oblivious to the fact that more noise doesn't automatically equate to more fun.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

They are an embarrassment to Tigers fans...Someone needs to stop them..lets ban the use of awful helmets with horns at the ground :smt038

Cringe at the sight of them..
MJSRacer
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MJSRacer »

So, I'm part of the Horned Helmet group on the 22. The helmets are a bit of fun, we bought them 2 years ago as a way of finding each other on the terraces. They where bought online from a charity festival hat company so are not official Tigers wear but plenty from the club have asked us about them and seem fine with us wearing them. :smt023

With relation to the comments about the Horn-O-Plenty, it's no worse than some of the other noises coming from different sections of the stadium and again it's just a bit of fun guys & girls :smt026
Oh i'd rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here), Oh i'd rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here),I'd rather be a Tiger, rather be a tiger, rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here)!!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I liked the drummers. I like people dressing in horned helmets etc. I like people enjoying themselves. The Stade fans enhanced our day and were both great fun and proper respectful rugby fans - a lot better than those at Glaws.
Just because I'm a miserable old git who stands in the same spot on the Crumbie every match doesn't mean I have to whinge about people having fun. I would be happy for some drummers at every match, might wake the MetRx up.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I fit in the same camp as jgriffin here, but to paraphrase Cockers its small margins. I think I might have a different opinion if I was right next to the drummers.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

If MJSR is happy in his horny helmet, I think we should accommodate his diverse needs......and his mates.......!
Things could get a bit confusing if the Danes take up rugby union though !!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

It's all about people enjoying themselves without upsetting others and I can put up with pretty much everything - apart from that :smt009 dreadful supposedly-Red Indian :smt011 drone from Exeter Chiefs! :smt019
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Each to there own and all that, if someone wants to wear a horn hat let them, if someone wants to take a drum in let them, if SF fans want to take in bright pink flags , ( shame theres not more tigers flags being waved around )let them, its called creating an atmosphere
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

I've no problems with supporters bringing and banging their drums - it was the 'bangra collective'. They started out right in front of us and, for a solid five minutes or so, it was impossible to hear yourself think let alone speak. As I said earlier, more noise doesn't always automatically equate to more fun. What would you rather listen to? One person scraping their fingernails down a blackboard or a dozen people doing it?
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I would sooner Drummers, Horned helmets, Tiger Ones's and people getting behind their team., but I draw a line at THE MAN WITH THE MIKE drumming up support for their teams by for example "COME ON YOU IRISH" /"COME ON YOU WASPS". Generally at inappropriate times.
Please lets not go down that route.

Well done Stade supporters, Vocal and respectful in equal measure. :smt013 :smt023 :smt038
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Agreed Wellstiger. The man on the mike at the Ricoh on Saturday was even starting the Wasps' supporters in the 'Oggi Oggi Oggi' chant. It's a bit sad when you have to have led by the nose by the PA system.

I'd like to echo the sentiments regarding our Gallic chums in pink. They are a great bunch and a real credit to Stade Français. I've been to at least four matches with ZSF and his crew and have always been made very welcome.
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

18000 Tigers Fans Dressed as they please with drums if they wish is equal to any PA. Only teams with half empty stadiums need PA systems