Lack of Tigers in the press

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cowmadiddy

Lack of Tigers in the press

Post by cowmadiddy »

Over the last couple of days i've indulged myself in a good few podcasts, obviously the radio Leicester one had loads to say about Tigers and the bt sport one had Freddie Burns on it, but that was talking about the Gloucester game more than the champions cup, I've even listened to Brian Moore's podcast which only really mentioned comparisons with Leicester City, so is this a situation where we are not seen as a team to be talked about or more of a - we've had enough of talking about Leicester and they aren't real contenders attitude from the mainstream?
I agree it's currently not our best year, but we are in the mix on both fronts......
I just hope we can make a point towards the end of the season.

Hats off though to Sarries, on form they should be big winners this year
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Lack of Tigers in the press

Post by Noddy555 »

Does this surprise me? Not in the least! Given the fact that most of the national press is London based.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

"Nobody likes us, we don't care"!
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

We have to accept we are no longer the flavour of the month. That title has been passed to the beloved Saracens, Exeter, Bath and Quins.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

There's an article about us in the Sunday Times Sports section today. Largely favourable, predicting a win for us against Stade.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

A very good article on Tom Croft too in The Daily Wail. :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -free.html
and Cockers too :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... oaded.html
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

cowmadiddy wrote:Over the last couple of days i've indulged myself in a good few podcasts, obviously the radio Leicester one had loads to say about Tigers and the bt sport one had Freddie Burns on it, but that was talking about the Gloucester game more than the champions cup, I've even listened to Brian Moore's podcast which only really mentioned comparisons with Leicester City, so is this a situation where we are not seen as a team to be talked about or more of a - we've had enough of talking about Leicester and they aren't real contenders attitude from the mainstream?
I agree it's currently not our best year, but we are in the mix on both fronts......
I just hope we can make a point towards the end of the season.

Hats off though to Sarries, on form they should be big winners this year
I personally do not give a diddly-squat whether the Tigers are high in the media or not. The plaudits will soon be around when the silverware appears at WR. A low profile always does it for me. Lol was his usual dismissive self about the Tigers at the start of today's game against Stade but he did, because he had to, mellow as the game went on. Stay humble and just do it!! :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Big piece on Ben Youngs during the week about how he was re-energised by Eddie Jones and Aaron Mauger.

I am glad that other clubs get more press because it reflects and expanding interest in the game. It's also a very tight league and of course there were 5 English Clubs in the quarter finals which must be a record.