Would you have Farrell playing for tigers?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Would you have Farrell playing for tigers?

Post by RagingBull »

Over Owen?

I wouldn't Similar kicking types, BUT Owen has really come into his own this season (Before injury) playing some brilliant rugby esp distribution.

That's my 2 cents.

Faz has impressed me though.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Owen Farrell wouldn't have produced a performance like Burns did today. Top drawer today Burns was.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote:Owen Farrell wouldn't have produced a performance like Burns did today. Top drawer today Burns was.
Agreed on Freddie's performance but I think Farrell might have been a sterner test than Nils Mordt.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

strawclearer wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Owen Farrell wouldn't have produced a performance like Burns did today. Top drawer today Burns was.
Agreed on Freddie's performance but I think Farrell might have been a sterner test than Nils Mordt.
I think the absence of 2 Vunipola brothers, Kruis and Itoje as well as Taylor had an influence today too, more than our absentees did.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

1) Farrell has got better - granted.
He has improved his defensive work but is inconsistent kicking out
of hand IMO.
Good percentage goal kicking.
2) Temperament is getting more controlled - right amount of
aggression in 6N (under E.J)
3) Farrell playing for Tigers??? Jury still out..

I prefer Owen Williams given where he is and where Farrell was in the same timeline. Owen has a huge boot, good out of hand, rock stead in defence and good temperament.
Sorely underrated by many and IMO Wales missed a trick.
If he was English we would have been forcing him into England squad ahead of Flapper FORD
Hope we hold onto him.....
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Farrell is becoming the star playmaker in Europe. When J Sexton has retired I can see him as number one. He gets better and better.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

We don't need him at the moment, but if we lost Freddie or Owen I would have him like a shot. I'd have him for his kicking and his :censored: mindedness. Since Johno went, there hasn't been anyone who demonstrates that attitude that wins games the way he did, and Fazlet does.
Valhalla I am coming!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'd prefer to call Andy Goode out of retirement. Kicks just as well as Farrell and that's all Farrell offers.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ellis9 wrote:I'd prefer to call Andy Goode out of retirement. Kicks just as well as Farrell and that's all Farrell offers.
Completely agree. And Cips showed again how much better he is than Fazlet at the weekend.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Mum said she wouldn't kick Owen Williams out of bed if Farrell was on offer. This has more to do with the Hambo calendar than anything else. Me? I never argue with mother. Owen Williams has more potential than Farrell. Farrell is at the peak of his game, Williams has to reach his. Continue to develop our Owen! For the sake of both the calendar and Tigers rugby.

Besides, there's something about Mr Farrell that doesn't agree with me. A bit like broccoli, possibly good for me, but distasteful and bound to leave a stink before digestion is complete.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Actually, no, Goode kicks better from hand than Fazlet. Equally as good for goal.

Calling Fazlet a playmaker is like calling Julian White a speedster and admiring his "dancing feet". Fazlet cannot distribute, has no vision and cannot kick from hand, which are IMHO the fundamentals of being a fly half.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Excuse me, but did anyone watch Sarries v Exeter, Fazlett was excellent, MOM, ran a great line and scored a super try, I think we should put away our prejudices!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Prejudices? What prejudices?

I just don't rate him as a player. I am allowed to do that aren't I?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

LE18 wrote:Excuse me, but did anyone watch Sarries v Exeter, Fazlett was excellent, MOM, ran a great line and scored a super try, I think we should put away our prejudices!
Why? I'm prejudiced against a lot of players I would not like to see in my team. If they played in my team it would make my team someone else's team.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Big Dai wrote:
LE18 wrote:Excuse me, but did anyone watch Sarries v Exeter, Fazlett was excellent, MOM, ran a great line and scored a super try, I think we should put away our prejudices!
Why? I'm prejudiced against a lot of players I would not like to see in my team. If they played in my team it would make my team someone else's team.
Big Dai, why don't you watch the Sarries games from this year? He has been the best back in the Premiership, utterly dominates games.

He then gets played out of position for England and does a good job.

The guy is a world class 10. Hopefully you begin to see that as the approach the semis and finals of the Prem and Europe.