Sale v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale v Tigers

Post by sapajo »

Just hope that we do not get any long term or indeed any other injuries during this match. An increasing injury list is not helping in our fight for a top four finish or further advancement in Europe.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

richardssalex wrote: Seriously don't understand why Veainu has done to be demoted to the bench. The excuse of a rest is no longer appropriate. He gives us such a spark and the yard of pace Tait unfortunately no longer has. Really can't complain about the pack given M. Williams, Slates, Fitz, Mcaffrey and BOC deemed unfit. Extremely depleted back row options....

TBH whilst I would start him it is still a appropriate reason.

McCaffrey rested I believe.
richardssalex

Post by richardssalex »

RagingBull wrote:TBH whilst I would start him it is still a appropriate reason.
Do you not think he's been on the bench a lot recently whilst Tait is only just coming back? I was thinking maybe he isn't doing something Cockers wants him to - there was a comment surrounding his unhappiness with certain players not following instructions as a preview to Crowsons column with him today.
Guinness&Nuts
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Guinness&Nuts »

I'm lost for words ....

Betham and Veainu on the bench yet Tait starts out of position. Tait should be playing FB with Veainu on the wing.....Simples!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

richardssalex wrote:
RagingBull wrote:TBH whilst I would start him it is still a appropriate reason.
Do you not think he's been on the bench a lot recently whilst Tait is only just coming back? I was thinking maybe he isn't doing something Cockers wants him to - there was a comment surrounding his unhappiness with certain players not following instructions as a preview to Crowsons column with him today.
This has been Veainu first year of proper regular rugby, in a new country, New weather, New style of play.

It wouldn't be a long shot to see why the coaches might be playing safe with him.

Anyway wouldn't be surprised if there are changes come Matchday.
maroontrunks
Tiger Cub

Post by maroontrunks »

A few curveballs in the squad - Pearce at 6? Tait at 14? I can understand McCaffrey getting a break though it's bad timing. Veainu on the bench again does seem a little bit strange, is he now officially an impact player or are there problems with his fitness?
I think Crane did a good job last weekend so I can understand him being retained, he put in a much more dogged performance and his workrate was impressive, nonetheless, we are going to lack some breakdown nous with that back three. Tait's fitness in his last two appearances was worrying, in fact he looked concussed against Wasps, so rushing him back into the starting lineup (in his third position this year) confuses me.
Anyway, what do I know, armchair observer. Let's hope the squad can do the job, I think this will be a hard fought match.
richardssalex

Post by richardssalex »

RagingBull wrote: Anyway wouldn't be surprised if there are changes come Matchday.

AGREED
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

am i correct in thinking that Sale have yet to lose a home game this season?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:am i correct in thinking that Sale have yet to lose a home game this season?
Yes :smt023
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

sapajo wrote:
RagingBull wrote:am i correct in thinking that Sale have yet to lose a home game this season?
Yes :smt023
Not lost at home since Quins game April 2015.......
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I believe that record will end on Sunday :smt027
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote:I believe that record will end on Sunday :smt027
+1 The Tigers need this badly. 1. to keep pace with the Prem playoffs. 2. Confidence for Stade. It will however be a tough call to see the Tigers take the points but very do-able if they hold the Sale big runners
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

There is promise of some pace from the bench? Run a few tired legs ragged. Just a passing thought.............what's the weather going to do?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Given the injuries, that's a great looking 23

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrrsss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Actually suprised by the team. I can't understand why Betham, Veaniu and Slater aren't in the team. Slater is fit according to Cockers in the paper today.
On a side note I think we should put odds on how many changes will occur in the team just before the match.