Bronze Member

Seismic activity?

Post by Not a jock »

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Seismic activity?

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

when the crowd are jumping at the KP you literally feel the stadium rocking, Sky had a camera in the East stand cut to the back of it to show how much and stressed that it wasn't them shaking the camera.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Am I correct in my recollection that Leicester City Council would not give permission for music events at the King Power because of the effect that people jumping up and down would have on the structure of the stadium? If there was a sudden burst of energy because of the goal, might the structure thing be relevant to the seismic thing?

Of course, said music events might also have an effect on the hallowed turf.....
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I thought this was going to be because of snoring in the Met-rx stand

:smt003 :smt018 :smt030

I'll get me coat....
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

DCat wrote:Am I correct in my recollection that Leicester City Council would not give permission for music events at the King Power because of the effect that people jumping up and down would have on the structure of the stadium? If there was a sudden burst of energy because of the goal, might the structure thing be relevant to the seismic thing?

Of course, said music events might also have an effect on the hallowed turf.....
The foundations of the stadium need to be improved for music events due to the constant vibrations, no promlem what so ever for sport, plus we plan to expand soon so no doubt they will give everything a once over
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
DCat wrote:Am I correct in my recollection that Leicester City Council would not give permission for music events at the King Power because of the effect that people jumping up and down would have on the structure of the stadium? If there was a sudden burst of energy because of the goal, might the structure thing be relevant to the seismic thing?

The foundations of the stadium need to be improved for music events due to the constant vibrations, no problem what so ever for sport, plus we plan to expand soon so no doubt they will give everything a once over
I think the chances of Tigers ever approving another music event at Welford Road is as likely as Greg. Garner NOT giving a penalty against Tigers this weekend. :smt045