Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by LE18 »

I probably came in there too soon, about a yard too soon! :smt001

Incidentally I have been reading back to the beginning of this thread, how sad to read some of Bill W early posts as to when the club might be allowed to redevelop the Crumbie, after he has passed into the great Crumbie in the sky etc. just hope the club don't rush to do this too soon.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote:More pedantic than the wife :smt019
My wife (DCAT) taught me well! :smt038[/quote]
Absolutely right! I briefly dropped on to the webcam this morning, and there were just two words on the screen - I'M BACK
Wonder who that was referring to?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

DCat wrote:
DCATsOLDMAN wrote:More pedantic than the wife :smt019
My wife (DCAT) taught me well! :smt038
Absolutely right! I briefly dropped on to the webcam this morning, and there were just two words on the screen - I'M BACK
Wonder who that was referring to?[/quote]

I reckon it was Bill's ghost :smt002
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

LE18 wrote:I probably came in there too soon, about a yard too soon! :smt001

Incidentally I have been reading back to the beginning of this thread, how sad to read some of Bill W early posts as to when the club might be allowed to redevelop the Crumbie, after he has passed into the great Crumbie in the sky etc. just hope the club don't rush to do this too soon.
It is a pity I didn't get my wish that Bill be around to see it.

Clearly with the plan to start the multi-storey car park in April I doubt funds will permit a start on the Crumbie for a few years yet. We all tend to resist change but I have to say the Met-Rx match experience is much better than the old members stand, with the exception of the loss of the old Drogs bar. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

So the big telly is back up and working.

I've formally asked if the club could reposition the posts as they are now in front of the telly. :smt009
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noggs wrote: I've formally asked if the club could reposition the posts as they are now in front of the telly. :smt009
Love it :smt003.

That's worthy of Bill :smt023
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Not a lot to see at the moment. External facades are all but complete so we can't be far off fitting the translucent end sheeting to the seating and the canopy facia with badging to follow. The big green wall is asking for a large Tigers badge but may well get a CAT badge instead or even both.

It'd a long time since the galleries were last updated and it would be good to see some internal shots to see how things are shaping up in the areas most of us will never see in the flesh. :smt023
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Looks like the cladding panel cover flashings on the vertical joints have been completed on the large green façade and the nets and safety barrier removed from the edge of the canopy. This will allow the fixing of the translucent sheeting to the ends of the seating area and the facia around the canopy to proceed which, apart from the fixing of Tigers/CAT logos, should more of less complete the visible works. A completion in around 4 weeks time looks like it might be on. Just sorry that Bill is not here to see it.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Me too, isn't it slow progress?

Back to the Crumbie I stuck one or two seasons as a ST in that stand and had to move because it was so uncomfortable. No back support and wider and wider people. I guess there are lot of chiropractors with seats there.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Join us on the terrace Isambard you really can't beat it, unless it's pouring down of course!! :smt003
Soggypitch
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

A bit more visible progress as more support steelwork is fixed to extend the support for the still to be fitted translucent sheeting to the H&B end of the seating.

Senior management had cause to drive past the ground earlier today and says there are road works underway in front of the new stand (new footpath)? :smt017
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Noggs wrote:A bit more visible progress as more support steelwork is fixed to extend the support for the still to be fitted translucent sheeting to the H&B end of the seating.

Senior management had cause to drive past the ground earlier today and says there are road works underway in front of the new stand (new footpath)? :smt017
I hope it is a new wider footpath as it is a nightmare trying get past the traffic light/crossing area after a full house.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

ClubHouse lounge opens on March 6th so it looks like we are nearly there.

Still a need to fit the translucent sheeting to the H&B end of the seating area and the artists impressions show a facia extending around the edge of the canopy which, if not scrapped, has yet to be installed.

All in all another impressive asset for the club. Just needs to be matched by performances on the field :smt023
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

ClubHouse lounge in use for the first time yesterday. Someone may know whether it was just the bar or whether they were serving food.

Looks like there's still a bit to do with finishing off the first floor offices and there are a number of cover strips and flashings still to fix along with the protective end sheeting for the end of the stand seating and the canopy facia.

The original artist impressions also showed windows between the top of the sloping back wall and the canopy roof but no sign of activity as yet. If they have dropped these on grounds of cost there is a chance of rain blowing in :smt009
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

High level windows at the back of the stand on the road façade are completed and they are finally fixing the translucent weather screening at the south end of the seating.

For more than a week now they have been doing work on the underside of the canopy roof which has necessitated covering up the seating below (perhaps painting). Perhaps a couple of more days to complete whatever they are doing.

Having thought about it they will have to fit a facia to the edge of the canopy roof. Otherwise, the rain will get in over the weather screening they are now fixing. After that there is just a bit of flashing work to do and perhaps signage to fix and all the external works will be complete. I think Bill would have been a happy man :smt038