London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

London Irish

Post by salcombe bob »

For the first time since Toulouse a few seasons ago, I'm able to come to the game. I had a present of a VIP ticket plus lunch etc in the new stand. :smt038 :smt038 :smt039 :smt032 :smt026
technologus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: London Irish

Post by technologus »

If we win, it'll all be down to you and you'll have to come to every game.

Fingers crossed.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Hope you enjoy a big win SB. Looks like I am on domestic duties for the weekend so best I can manage likely to be view from my sofa .
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well if we dont win this with 5 points, we will be well and truly in the poo!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Agreed, I aim for 5 points. :smt038
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

tigercaspian wrote:Hope you enjoy a big win SB. Looks like I am on domestic duties for the weekend so best I can manage likely to be view from my sofa .
You'll have a job, only the Exeter v Bath and Wasps v Quins are scheduled for broadcast on Sunday....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

fortysix wrote:Well if we dont win this with 5 points, we will be well and truly in the poo!!
Lose and it will be disappointing.

However, LI whilst propping up the league are losing only by virtue that they only seem to play for 60 minutes. Tigers on the other hand aren't playing for the full 80...

LI line speed and defence is more than adequate to prevent a miss-firing Tigers side from racking up points (witness v Exeter last weekend).

The last time these two teams met at Welford Rd, LI won by 3 points.

I predict that a win would be 4 points only, a draw is not out of the question, and neither unfortunately is a narrow loss.
Last edited by Roly on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

If you open a bet365 account you can watch it streamed live, although it is not on full screen.
I will be "on the slopes" awaiting a text with some good news!!
Soggypitch
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="fortysix"]Well if we dont win this with 5 points, we will be well and truly in the poo!![/quote]

A win and a return to some sort of form is needed - if it happens with 4 tries then all the better.

Irish ran Exeter quite close last week, out-scoring them 2 tries to 1. They suffered from ill-discipline, with penalties and 2 yellow cards ultimately costing them. Even then, Ex did not much look like scoring tries.The game was reffed by Dean Richards - very fussy with lots of whistle and this didn't do anything for the flow of the game.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

MurphysLaw wrote:
fortysix wrote:Well if we dont win this with 5 points, we will be well and truly in the poo!!

A win and a return to some sort of form is needed - if it happens with 4 tries then all the better.

Irish ran Exeter quite close last week, out-scoring them 2 tries to 1. They suffered from ill-discipline, with penalties and 2 yellow cards ultimately costing them. Even then, Ex did not much look like scoring tries.The game was reffed by Dean Richards - very fussy with lots of whistle and this didn't do anything for the flow of the game.
And Exeter's 1 try was questionable - Narraway was definitely obstructed on the line - whether he would have got across to stop the score if he'd simply got on with it, is the debateable point. Narraway was incensed though. Don't think I've seen a player as animated for a good while.

It wasn't a pretty game, neither side helped the referee allow free-flowing rugby.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

However, LI whilst propping up the league are losing only by virtue that they only seem to play for 60 minutes. Tigers on the other hand aren't playing for the full 80...

LI line speed and defence is more than adequate to prevent a miss-firing Tigers side from racking up points (witness v Exeter last weekend).

I predict that a win would be 4 points only, a draw is not out of the question, and neither unfortunately is a narrow loss.
Yes I also predict a win, a draw or a loss. :smt023
Cheery chappy
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The Boy Dave wrote:

Yes I also predict a win, a draw or a loss. :smt023
Yes, thanks for taking time out from assisting Eddie at Pennyhill Park Dave.

I only predicted that a win will be 4, not 5 points.

A draw or a loss isn't out of the question, but I predicted neither.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

So glad you cleared that up for me!
Could you help me again, is the game on Sunday, or is it the day after Saturday, or is it the day before Monday?
Cheery chappy
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The Boy Dave wrote:

So glad you cleared that up for me!
Could you help me again, is the game on Sunday, or is it the day after Saturday, or is it the day before Monday?
Yes... look, I know being a complete tool is difficult for you sonny, but do try to have a day off from being one won't you.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Yes... look, I know being a complete tool is difficult for you sonny, but do try to have a day off from being one won't you.
I'll try but I don't want to turn up on the wrong day do I, that would look silly!
No help...looks like I'll have to play it safe and turn up on Sunday, the day after Saturday, and the day before Monday.
Cheery chappy