I repeat ....pack can't push, backs don't know each other
If we had played well and lost fair play, but we didn't : we were well second
Coaching revolution my censored (again)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins

Post by G.K »

Time for wholsale changes, Cockers has to go now - this is three seasons in a row! Wholesale clear out of the average journeymen looking to top up their pension needed . JDV - go back to Sarf African tomorrow please, Matt Smith a better option. Balmain has had enough chances - bye bye. Only credit due is to Thacker and Croft.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Balmain is a walking penalty. Simply not good enough.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

There is something not quite right. I think we need some better options in the front row. Balmain is struggling. Needed Logo sooner.

Jdv hasn't played in months so happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mike Williams back next week.

I don't want to hear about another meeting a reaction. Just 80 minutes.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

At the end why was Manu doing all the clearing out at the breakdown?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Curry was nice. Didn't drink any beer as the kitchen tap failed and required mending, therefore saw little of the game owing to mopping the kitchen. The chores were preferable to the game by all accounts.

As I saw little I can't comment much but it seems all is not well. Can a run of poor results just be down to bad luck? Or something deeper? I don't profess to know but would wish, as a supporter, for something to be done. The bright flame of promise brought during the home game against Stade is now but a failing ember. Something needs to be done to reignite the fire. If that means wholesale changes, so be it. They shot Deano for less. Momentum is now at the other end of the M69.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

balmain had a bad time in the scrumage however it wasnt refed very well by doyle.hardly noticed fitzgerald. croft thacker and tulagi all decent games but the back line was so flat that we couldnt do anything. i also prefer vuiena at fullback as he is more involved. fairplay to quins they took there chances well. we looked good first half but just couldnt catch the ball. kitto really needs to start next week.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Thought it was a close game and many opportunities for both sides.
Lots of errors and conditions the same for both sides but the scrum let Quins off IMO, just not enough in and around it and allow any level of parity or more at the set piece and it can go either way.
Cheery chappy
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Take out Veainu/ Betham -we have zero zero damaging pace in the backs
Tuilagi at the moment is a bit of a liability
The half backs, especially Harrison are not good enough
Balmain. SELL HIM
Ghiraldini-Hes Going
Kitchener- faded, best way to explain.
Crane- retirement time in France Div 3
Croft, ummmmmmm
Tait, Goneva, Benjamin, Bai, Loamanu, Camacho, Morris, Roberts-not up to top Euro standard
De Villiers>????
THe start was a smokescreen
Poor Marcus, propping up that lot
My heart bleeds for a decent pack..

Now TV has been worked out, no better than last year

Better start hoping a bullet is fired PDQ
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

doublecarpet wrote:Balmain is a walking penalty. Simply not good enough.
I have some sympathy as Lambert was allowed to slip his bind and skew straight across the front row at every scrum.

What I want to know is why was JDV racing past Kitto and diving at the ankles of Yarde in a desperate attempt to save the try whilst out replacement scrum half barely bothered jogging. That's just lazy.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The pack didn't dominate and that is due to the front row not firing as well as we'd like, but the line worked bar one and the defence was very good from all. We lost our jackal to injury, but Tom Croft took to the role well, carrying(yes that bloke that can't carry) and competed well in the loose. Nothing wrong with the forwards that a fit OTY and Dan Cole(who seems to have found his mojo again) won't put right. Missing Ben Youngs and Owen Williams badly, Freddie was pretty good when he came on and Bryant did well on his debut, but has a lot to learn, hope he gets some more game time, but maybe off the bench for a bit. Rusty backs will get better, would not swap any of them.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

drc_007 wrote:At the end why was Manu doing all the clearing out at the breakdown?
I have absolutely no idea, same with Harrison being dragged into the ruck and often scragged. The forwards were AWOL in most of the phases. This is not a Tigers team - it's a collection of journeymen. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Why wait until 70 mins to sub a prop giving away penalties for fun and 75 minutes to start playing any rugby? Its headless chicken time :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote:
drc_007 wrote:At the end why was Manu doing all the clearing out at the breakdown?
I have absolutely no idea, same with Harrison being dragged into the ruck and often scragged. The forwards were AWOL in most of the phases. This is not a Tigers team - it's a collection of journeymen. :smt009

And please define me the term Journymen.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Balmain is a walking penalty. Simply not good enough.
Have to agree, I thought last season that he was finding his feet at this level but he's clearly regressed this season.

The main issue I have with tonight was the appalling ball retention, it's all very well demanding this or that coach's head but you shouldn't need to have to coach a player on how to hold on to the ball.

Contrary to some other posters I do think there were some (not many but some) positives. There was at least signs of fighting spirit and I thought Bryant did okay and will hopefully make up for the loss of Bell next season
A citizen of hope and glory