George Clancy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

George Clancy

Post by baz1664 »

How can this guy be an international ref, Scotland have destroyed the scrum and get nothing, surely these clowns need to be reviewed!!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: George Clancy

Post by Big Dai »

baz1664 wrote:How can this guy be an international ref, Scotland have destroyed the scrum and get nothing, surely these clowns need to be reviewed!!!
Plus a Welsh guy holds on, the whistle goes to the lips, and then he plays on....................he might as well have worn a red shirt.

Plus the TMO? 30 odd cameras and they STILL get it wrong? Dear dear.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

When even Jiffy agrees that the TMO should not have awarded a try to Wales, you know it is a howler!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

If there is one thing that annoys me greatly it is a team feeding the ball blatantly
to the second row (the first offence) and the ref blowing against the other team for any of
the other numerous offences (second offence).

Even the pundits don't comment on it now.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
A life long Tiger
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I could add several crocodile rolls, two very blatant maul pulldowns by AWJ, numerous offsides. The feeds into the second row! :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

Referee errors basically nullify each other in rugby. If you think the refs are useless or corrupt (such is the power of the ref in any rugby match) you may as well give up watching altogether.

Hilarious though that English people are whining about the ref in a match that their team didn't play in.

Have Wales ever won a match fairly in your eyes?

Right what they say about Leicester tigers supporters and Leicester rugby in general..

That it is a hotbed for English Supremacism.

Just a shame Wales cannot knock England out of their world cup again this year. Guess we will have to make do with the championship.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

welshy08 wrote:Referee errors basically nullify each other in rugby. If you think the refs are useless or corrupt (such is the power of the ref in any rugby match) you may as well give up watching altogether.

Hilarious though that English people are whining about the ref in a match that their team didn't play in.

Right what they say about Leicester tigers supporters and Leicester rugby in general..

Just a shame Wales cannot knock England out of their world cup again this year. Guess we will have to make do with the championship.
And Welsh fans are such balanced, unbiased individuals?

I think the idea of the TMO was that injustices (Such as Wales' first try) did not happen in any game and we would not have to tolerate the lottery of things levelling themselves out?

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

welshy08 wrote:Referee errors basically nullify each other in rugby. If you think the refs are useless or corrupt (such is the power of the ref in any rugby match) you may as well give up watching altogether.

Really, don't you have something better to do?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

-> Err in fact the errors often don't nullify each other and they didn't yesterday. I'm sure no Welsh people ever complained about the ref though eh?

-> Yes we have an opinion about everything. PS: There are Tigers supporters on this forum who aren't English but don't tell anyone. PPS: I am not one of them as I am English. PPPS: We even have Welsh people in our team!

-> Yes but not yesterday.

-> So they are talking about us - oh dear me.

-> Yes of course it is, we are the master race - why would anyone think otherwise?

-> But you can stop us winning the 6N and getting a Grand Slam - wouldn't that be enough for you?
Anyway must be past your bedtime by now...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Obviously enjoy coming onto an english teams web page though, maybe stick to the Welsh regions or count sheep. :smt003
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Clancy was dire for all the above mentioned things.The Roberts try should have been a scrum penalty to Scotland long before it got to him.

And as Scotsman on an English site I would say as I have often said that the guy I would prefer to referee Scotland would be Wayne Barnes. Keep Clancy and the other Irish bloke away from us and keep Owens away whilst you're at it!
barnythebear

Post by barnythebear »

Seem to remember him having a howler in Paris as well last month!!