Re: Barrow Cited!

Post by daktari »

Two week ban (on Twitter)
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

fleabane wrote:An early version of Jonno?
I was trying to avoid making the comparison as I thought there would be outrage, but genuinely you can see some similarities!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

If he turns out to be as good a player and captain as Jonno I'll forgive him practically anything - but that's a very big if.

The ban might be a blessing for Friday. I can see the match being another frustrating game in bad conditions, just right for someone with a short fuse to spend a bit of the match as a spectator. Probably the same again at the Stoop. Until he's learned to keep a lid on it he'll be even more of a liability than the dim-one down the road.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Bowden Tiger wrote:Does anyone know who he hit, and when? I missed it!
.. and more importantly - why!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It's difficult to say 'just like Johnno'.

Johnno played in a time where a punch was pretty much part of the game. If someone stepped out of line you'd expect a wallop in the chops. The first two fighting would have Sir wag his finger at them. The third man would be sent off. It was tolerated far more and only really punished if it was an excessive punch or completely unprovoked. And even then, a yellow card was a mere warning most of the time and a yellow card usually sufficed. Johnno knew how far he could push it and was never sent off.

TV cameras and a wider audience have changed things and punching just isn't tolerated. Probably rightly too if we're looking ethically. Barrow needs to develop a greater level of discipline. He needs to mature and know how to channel his frustration and aggression better.
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

Completely agree Iain, that's why I avoided making the comparison at first. I think he has the potential and physical presence to develop other similarities though, other than just having a good swing on him