Barstaff 'Would you like Fosters or Guinness'

Its the simple things :smt003
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback - Season 2015/16

Post by wormus »

Iain wrote:I must say for all the continued isolated incidents mentioned here we are light years ahead of what we had at the start of the season. I visited the bar twice and was twice served accurately and swiftly. This was a pipe dream in September.
Yes Iain but there is a long way to go on improvements and the season may run out before we achieve normal good bar service.
I normally drink @ Counting House but decided on a drink at the Crumbie East outlet, well the lady in front was short changed of £1, and my One Guinness & One Tiger bitter was delivered as Heineken, quite a long wait till corrected as no sign of pre-pouring.
But thank goodness we had some new larger part finished toilets for the game, Well done the builders.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

As daft as this sounds, I'm glad of the shambolic catering we have at Tigers after nights like last night at the Stade de France - they managed to make Tigers seem world class, which is impressive!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Poor in the FW yesterday - over charged twice.
Very slow service straight after the game.
Told at 6:30 that the Guiness had run out at 6pm (turns out it had not - they had Guiness Extra Cold!). Five bar staff stood watching one serve at this point.
Shut all but one serving hatch well before closing despite long queues whilst half the bar staff stood around doing nothing.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I have used the Tigers text message service, Twitter and this feed, but still we get short measures! The beer takes a while to settle (not a bad thing) but by the time it has you are always left with a significant short measure with a queue the length of the stand if you want a top-up.

I'm more annoyed about Tigers ignoring the test messages and Twitter! Clearly shows they do not give a damn!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Last week was again awful in the main concourse bar. Had to wait 25 minutes to get a beer whilst one kid tried in vain to show another kid how to pull a pint and when I did get served one of the pints was well under measure once it had settled.

Then, to cap it all, I took my glasses back for a refund at the end of the game (perhaps a full four minutes after the final whistle) only to find that the returns station had RUN OUT OF MONEY. You couldn't make it up. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Another entry in the you couldn't make it up category.

How about the Rugby club bar that runs out of beer straight after a European quarter final match?

No Guinness of any kind and no bitter in the FW just after the match.

I asked to speak to a supervisor as this is the second game in a row where they have run out, but the two I could see were too busy to talk to customers at 16:15 because --- wait for it -- they we busy counting the money and sure enough there they were counting a stack of 10 and 20 pound notes. So I got to speak to an alleged supervisor who was polite but could only say "it was to do with the orders" - Really no kidding!

If they are running the service down to the end of season, I would suggest we all bring our own next time.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

I also was told at 16.15 about no Bitter or Guinness in the Final Whistle pitch side bar - THEN I spotted a bloke in the Rock Bottom side of the bar being given a pint of Tiger so I wandered round and hey presto they had Guinness and Bitter and my group and I Drank till the bar closed.

Seems to me they wanted to close the bar and count the money so were telling people that they had run out.

Take note Everards your reputation is being challenged.
I Wonder if the Leicester Tigers Directors even care. :smt017
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Ran out of Tiger cask by half time. Everything seemed to take time. I've honestly tried to hang in there with the club but it is tiresome.

Some bloke in front of me gave them a two pint pot back for a new full one. They said they had no two pint pots. He pointed out he'd just given them one. Oh, we don't usually refill them!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

TheproudTiger wrote:I also was told at 16.15 about no Bitter or Guinness in the Final Whistle pitch side bar - THEN I spotted a bloke in the Rock Bottom side of the bar being given a pint of Tiger so I wandered round and hey presto they had Guinness and Bitter and my group and I Drank till the bar closed.

Seems to me they wanted to close the bar and count the money so were telling people that they had run out.

May I suggest that Tyzot, yourself and anyone wanting Everards Tiger or Cask to email the Everards Operations Director Nick Arthur and the MD Secretary Julie Blanchard and make your points clearly, Nick Arthur< [email protected] and Julie Blanchard < [email protected] , the response that I had previously was good and improvements made. It is Everards that is not getting the sales. Refer them to this page too. :smt045
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

wormus wrote:
TheproudTiger wrote:I also was told at 16.15 about no Bitter or Guinness in the Final Whistle pitch side bar - THEN I spotted a bloke in the Rock Bottom side of the bar being given a pint of Tiger so I wandered round and hey presto they had Guinness and Bitter and my group and I Drank till the bar closed.

May I suggest that Tyzot, yourself and anyone wanting Everards Tiger or Cask to email the Everards Operations Director Nick Arthur and the MD Secretary Julie Blanchard and make your points clearly, Nick Arthur< [email protected] and Julie Blanchard < [email protected] , the response that I had previously was good and improvements made. It is Everards that is not getting the sales. Refer them to this page too. :smt045
Email sent.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

Thanks for that.

Email sent. :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Got a response.

Agreed it was unacceptable to run out of cask before half time.

Said they were "raising this issue, and other matters with the Caterers in a meeting today".
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

I was the two pint pot bloke.
The lad telling me they had no 2 pint pots left whilst still holding mine.
I've got nothing against the young bar staff. I used to don a hi viz coat and point people where to park their cars, at Wembley Stadium in my youth. I respect them, and all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes on match days, but I just can't believe how incredibly thick a lot of them seem to be.
It's become part of the match day entertainment.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ElvastonTiger wrote:It's become part of the match day entertainment.
Now that's what I call a positive attitude.

:smt023 :smt003 :smt002