OTY to be cited

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: OTY to be cited

Post by Soggypitch »

PAW wrote:I find this business irritating to say the least.

The ref saw it (I think brought to his attention by the TMO). Between the ref and 4th official they decided it was worthy of a yellow after taking their time looking at all available angles. Therefore, unless there is some significant evidence that was not available to the ref at the time, why is it not case closed? We lost out captain for 10 minutes during which we conceded points. The incident was punished. If these items are to be reviewed, then the ref should say, "naughty boy. carry on playing but this will be dealt with later as I cant be trusted...apparently".

I understand that the alleged eye contact was not seen and not dealt with, therefore the matter can be reasonably reviewed.

I fear we will end up where F1 got to a few years ago when the race result was not certain until cars had ben weighed, appeals reviewed and occasionally threats of legal action hanging over results for days. If the two Stade guys did gouge - could the result be reversed? Should Stade be thrown out? Clearly not and I doubt Tigers would go down that path. But we believe there are a one or two prem clubs who are allegedly happy to use lawyers to get transgressions turned to their advantage or overlooked.

I am nearly choking as I write this....but I feel the ref is being undermined and I feel sorry for them. I may be thrown out of the 'Crumbie One-Eyed' society for such a heretical view :smt003
I completely agree with all this PAW. The ref's decisions on the pitch are being undermined by the citing procedure. surely citing was introduced for cases where the ref didn't see the incident, not those where he has the benefit of countless slow motion replays and help from the TMO.

Discipline/bans in rugby are becoming a bad joke!!
Soggypitch
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

PAW wrote:I find this business irritating to say the least.

The ref saw it (I think brought to his attention by the TMO). Between the ref and 4th official they decided it was worthy of a yellow after taking their time looking at all available angles. Therefore, unless there is some significant evidence that was not available to the ref at the time, why is it not case closed? We lost out captain for 10 minutes during which we conceded points. The incident was punished. If these items are to be reviewed, then the ref should say, "naughty boy. carry on playing but this will be dealt with later as I cant be trusted...apparently".

I understand that the alleged eye contact was not seen and not dealt with, therefore the matter can be reasonably reviewed.

I fear we will end up where F1 got to a few years ago when the race result was not certain until cars had ben weighed, appeals reviewed and occasionally threats of legal action hanging over results for days. If the two Stade guys did gouge - could the result be reversed? Should Stade be thrown out? Clearly not and I doubt Tigers would go down that path. But we believe there are a one or two prem clubs who are allegedly happy to use lawyers to get transgressions turned to their advantage or overlooked.

I am nearly choking as I write this....but I feel the ref is being undermined and I feel sorry for them. I may be thrown out of the 'Crumbie One-Eyed' society for such a heretical view :smt003
If it was deemed a punch shouldn't he have been sent off rather than sin binned. Isn't the citing an upgrading of the incident? I agree it's odd that the punch was not seen by the TMO if it was fairly evident. But if it had I presume he would have been red carded and banned.
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

OTY banned for 1 week, no mention of the Stade players though. http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... qjMgFOLTSw
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

One week is fair. It's the lowest end. Just hope Thacker can hold up to Gloucester's pack.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Glad to note that the ban has been reduced to 1 week and that he will be available for the Sale match on the 6th of February.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Bateman is back so that should ease things :smt023
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ghiraldini in the 23 this Saturday before he joins up with Italy.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Red Boots wrote:Certainly looked like a punch...
apart from not seeing a fist or anyone actually being hit.

and there not being any leverage behind it.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

samsapples wrote:OTY banned for 1 week, no mention of the Stade players though. http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... qjMgFOLTSw
OTY was by video conference, the two Stade players hearings are in London today. Nice overnight stay for sirs.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jonlin wrote:
samsapples wrote:OTY banned for 1 week, no mention of the Stade players though. http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... qjMgFOLTSw
OTY was by video conference, the two Stade players hearings are in London today. Nice overnight stay for sirs.
To be fair, OTY was pleading guilty and it could've been done by phone!

The Stade players may been needing greater scrutiny and may put up more of a defence!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

JerryGas wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ghiraldini in the 23 this Saturday before he joins up with Italy.
can someone explain why he has not played? Injury, Illness or just that Cocker's tossed his teddy out of his cot cos he wants to leave. If he was fit I would have played him just for his size when compared to Thacker?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
leic

Post by leic »

I thought he had left the club?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote:
JerryGas wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Ghiraldini in the 23 this Saturday before he joins up with Italy.
can someone explain why he has not played? Injury, Illness or just that Cocker's tossed his teddy out of his cot cos he wants to leave. If he was fit I would have played him just for his size when compared to Thacker?
Been injured. Returning to fitness according to this article...

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/240 ... qnBRR6nxdY
leic wrote:I thought he had left the club?
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... n-toulouse at the end of the season
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Eight and fifteen weeks for the Stade players

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leice ... story.html
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Should be interesting to read the judgements. Presumably both started at the 12 week low entry point?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!