Injury latest

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury latest

Post by sapajo »

johnthegriff wrote: Fonua's brief appearance a couple of weeks ago resulted in a re-broken arm.
Well that is very shocking news, it raises the question was his arm sufficiently healed or was he brought back to early :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

johnthegriff wrote:Leo has stepped up his training but I think is still a few weeks away from playing. Fonua's brief appearance a couple of weeks ago resulted in a re-broken arm. Not sure about Bateman and Williams was predicted to be out for six to eight weeks so still three or four to go. Ed Slater ahead of schedule I think.
Thanks John. Bad news about Fonua though. I am concerned about the hooker situation as lack confidence in Harry in the scrums against the better packs.
Soggypitch
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Medical advice was that Fonua was ready, obviously either wrong or he was unlucky. I have confidence in Harry Thacker, if the front row binds tight and the locks and the eight do their job should be no problem and he gives a lot round the pitch. having said that I think we may be in the market for an experienced hooker, just a thought, Ben Kayser should be good for a couple more years.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Michele Rizzo has tweeted his pleasure at being able to run outside in training this morning after 3 months - on the road to recovery!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Maercifully it will be a one word answer. No!

But then again ...........
Still keeping the faith!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have to say that I was very very pleased when we signed JVD but am struggling to understand why he has not featured yet. Yes I am aware that he has been recovering from a broken jaw from the world cup and was not well over Xmas but I felt certain that he would be ahead of Manu in the when do I return stakes. Anyone got any updates????
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm sure somebody said he wasn't registered for the European group stages so that would explain last week and probably next week.

He was ill for the Saracens game. Saints game I have no idea. Perhaps an unwillingness to throw him in for that game...?

Surely he'll feature at Kingsholm you'd think.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

From Martin Crowson's twitter feed

Mike Williams due to return end Feb, Benjamin is back in training but way off match fitness, Bateman should be back for Glos game
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

trendylfj wrote:I have to say that I was very very pleased when we signed JVD but am struggling to understand why he has not featured yet. Yes I am aware that he has been recovering from a broken jaw from the world cup and was not well over Xmas but I felt certain that he would be ahead of Manu in the when do I return stakes. Anyone got any updates????
yes spoke to him on Saturday. Jaw is fine, but he was ill just before Xmas and that has set him back from returning to full training. Not sure of the illness and did not want to pry. He estimated 2 weeks before he would be ready to return and was chomping at the bit to say the least. A thoroughly nice guy who I am sure is adding a lot to the squad nehind the scenes before really adding to it on the pitch.
Less is more....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Thank guys for the update re JVD
Hehehehehehehehe
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

trendylfj wrote:Thank guys for the update re JVD
think cockers mentioned flu, hopefully not man-flu..
cheers
Rich
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There was a bout of flu doing the rounds in Leicestershire over Christmas - I can vouch for it being pretty nasty as I had it and was laid up in bed for a week. I only made it to the Munster game as I'd started to get a bit better and dosed myself up on drugs and willpower to not miss the game. If JDV had that I completely get it knocking his rehab back!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Given that I didn't get back to the Gym for two weeks after I 'recovered' I can easily see how he was not match fit.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Away from the Tigers list of injuries, I've been massively impressed this season with Jack Nowell. He's really matured as a player and his versatility of being able to play wing, centre or FB is more than useful.

I was very sorry to see him injured a couple of weeks ago, does anyone know the extent of that, and whether he might be available for the 6N's?
Soggypitch
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I am hoping that O'Connor and the 2 Williams are back in time for the Stade semi-final.