Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Wayne Barnes gets the push!

Post by fleabane »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... layer.html

Maybe not quite what you thought? However, his reaction showed common sense, although Kolelishvili might count himself very lucky not to have seen red!
Valhalla I am coming!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Wayne Barnes gets the push!

Post by fentiger »

fleabane wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... layer.html

Maybe not quite what you thought? However, his reaction showed common sense, although Kolelishvili might count himself very lucky not to have seen red!
Especially lucky late on after having a yellow not to gain a second, thus red!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

He'll be lucky if he's not cited. Entry level for that is 24 weeks.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I thought it was before he got his yellow, which itself seemed harsh (especially since the original transgressor stayed on). Although I did think deliberately making contact with a ref was meant to be red.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

This clip from the Daily Wail is better than the DT as there is no fee and this has the video of the incident.
To me this could be refered and become a yellow + yellow = red card and should be banned as a deliberate push.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... preys.html
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... layer.html

24 weeks reduced to 4. He did tell Barnes he was coming!!

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Barnes did well, something and nothing, slap on the wrist.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am sorry to disagree with some of these comments but a deliberate push on the ref, which this was, is a red card. No ifs or buts! I fully supported the action taken against Backy - he was wrong in what he did just like what Kolelishvili did and I hope he is cited and banned. If he is not, does that give the green light to any player to push the ref out of the way? Yes it does and it also makes it difficult for and disciplinary panel to reject the case law of no punishment should be given to others who do it.

Barnes was wrong not sensible. He should have sent him off and then said "if you wanted me to move you should have asked".
Hehehehehehehehe
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

trendylfj wrote:I am sorry to disagree with some of these comments but a deliberate push on the ref, which this was, is a red card. No ifs or buts! I fully supported the action taken against Backy - he was wrong in what he did just like what Kolelishvili did and I hope he is cited and banned. If he is not, does that give the green light to any player to push the ref out of the way? Yes it does and it also makes it difficult for and disciplinary panel to reject the case law of no punishment should be given to others who do it.

Barnes was wrong not sensible. He should have sent him off and then said "if you wanted me to move you should have asked".
Totally different to Back. It was not an aggressive act, just wanted him out of the way. On this occasion, Barnes did well.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
trendylfj wrote:I am sorry to disagree with some of these comments but a deliberate push on the ref, which this was, is a red card. No ifs or buts! I fully supported the action taken against Backy - he was wrong in what he did just like what Kolelishvili did and I hope he is cited and banned. If he is not, does that give the green light to any player to push the ref out of the way? Yes it does and it also makes it difficult for and disciplinary panel to reject the case law of no punishment should be given to others who do it.

Totally different to Back. It was not an aggressive act, just wanted him out of the way. On this occasion, Barnes did well.
Remind me that if I push anyone it is not an aggresive act!!!
Hehehehehehehehe
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

I'm with you trendy. The push was certainly deliberate and aggressive. He wanted Barnes out of the way and took it upon himself to remove him, ergo aggressive.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Deliberate and aggressive, so therefore a straight red.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Not as aggressive as a letter from a Stains fan in yesterday's trp. Claims that sir was and always is very bias against Stains and favours Leicester.

Nothing like a good looser :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Poor Wayne he really has come in for some stick lately.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I thought he dealt with it very well. Players actively look to use the ref as a shield and it is difficult for both defenders and refs to get it right. We do not know if Barnes did not think 'oh dear, I'm in the wrong position and blocking a defenders' line' as it happened. I'm sure at hearing Barnes will give/gave his interpretation.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.