Team for Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Sarries

Post by ourla »

trendylfj wrote:yes you can make it easier by getting a home semi but it is not the end of the world if we finished 3rd or even 4th.
I attach a bit more importance to home advantage. We have lost the last two away semi's and if we lose at the Allianz again this weekend that will start to become a factor. Teams like Wasps in their heyday and Sarries don't have imposing home crowds and are quite comfortable playing away. For us it's a
bit different.

trendylfj wrote:There is still a lot of rugby to be played and all clubs will loose players during the 6Ns. No major injuries and a LBP and a 3 tries Sarries would be fine by me.
If we put out a weakened team you can kiss a LDP goodbye. We'd probably end up sticking on first XV players on in the second half to recover the situation. It's a recipe for disaster IMO.

Because there are no "gaps" in the schedule this year, momentum is more important I feel. And as I said I think there are better opportunities to rotate players out coming up.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rotation is something we can now do in several positions, this should not be weakening the team at all and I do not see it as a negative. We rotated a couple down at Sandy Park did we not?
The decision for me is made by managing the players, those that need a rest should get one, those that need game time, ditto.
We send our best team on the day to any game, with a well planned strategy and go for a win.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

As tomorrow is a holiday is the team announcement today? jumbo can you enlighten us?
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Sarries team is up.....pretty much full strength with Farrell on the bench.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Just seen our squad....weakened starting line up with the best bench ever known to man. Disappointing.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/239 ... oUaba_fWK0

Camacho starts ! So what do we read into the side ? We're happy with a losing bonus maybe, or we are hoping that we can stay close for 60 mins and then bring on the big guns for he final assault ?
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

That is a fantastic bench :smt023

Not sure about back 3 with sarries kick first style of play... Tait and Thompstone much better under the high ball than TV and VG, imo

Still a good first xv and looking forward to the match...
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Season is a marathon not a sprint and tbh no difference in finishing 1st or 2nd at the end of the regular season.
Does anyOne know if Oconner is injured , rested, or nipped home for Christmas
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

I think there is a good chance we'll get a hidding here.

Bit disapointed to be honest. I thought this would be a good test to see just how far we've come.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A good test will be where we are end of season.

It's very understandable why the coaches have done this IMO.

Big three weeks coming up.
Saints
Then playing for potentially number 1 or 2 champions cup seed and potentially our first home QF in a while.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Decent looking side, hugely impressive bench- if we can be within 5-10 points with 30 minutes to go then an LBP is definitely achieveable but unlikely. As others have said season is a marathon not a sprint and as long as Tigers beat Saints next week and get a home QF in Europe then the decision is vindicated IMO- even its a bit of a battering on Saturday- suspect it will be a good test for Hansen's defence too. Interested to see how Camacho goes ater injury and a big chance for Fraser at TH too.

That side should be able to hold its own at the lineout with 4 good jumpers but I am already getting ready for a Will Fraser love in from the BT crew given that Tigers are playing without an openside and will probably struggle at the breakdown!
Gramps wrote:Season is a marathon not a sprint and tbh no difference in finishing 1st or 2nd at the end of the regular season.
Does anyOne know if Oconner is injured , rested, or nipped home for Christmas
Am presuming he is just being rested, along with Betham etc. O'Connor has already played something like 30 games of rugby in 2015 so he definitely needs resting here and there.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

In just less than a year O'Connor has played
32 games or 2,421
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

RagingBull wrote:In just less than a year O'Connor has played
32 games or 2,421
Rested a good shout then
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Add Manu, JDV, O'Conner, Williams and Smithy and we have a very strong squad
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

RWA wrote:Sarries team is up.....pretty much full strength with Farrell on the bench.
So they completely have their full strength team out then!!

I am a little concerned about having the possility of Owen Williams playing on a plastic pitch having suffered an, albeit minor, knee injury. Apart from that, I think it is the right team considering what we have to do in Europe.

With the sorries playing their first 15 every week, we can hope they they tire by the end of the season. We can then throw a fully fit Manu at them :)