Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Dan Bowden.

Post by daktari »

G.K wrote:
RagingBull wrote:TBF Faz has stepped up.
I agree but his attitude has not improved - I've seen the ref warning him several times this season for cheap shots and mouthing off. Seems to be a FH version of Dullan - so probably a shoe in for vice captain under EJ.
He was warned again at the weekend for yelling at the ref
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

The problem with Faz is that Sarries limited game plan means that he kicks without even looking at options. Unless England are intending following that kick/chase method, they will be found wanting for creativity.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

daktari wrote:
G.K wrote:
RagingBull wrote:TBF Faz has stepped up.
I agree but his attitude has not improved - I've seen the ref warning him several times this season for cheap shots and mouthing off. Seems to be a FH version of Dullan - so probably a shoe in for vice captain under EJ.
He was warned again at the weekend for yelling at the ref
Warnings will do nothing. Refs should be supported in getting a grip and disposing of players who think they're footballers to the sin bin or worse.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

We won't know who is first in the pecking order until it is announced officially.
Anything else is pure speculation. If Jones has looked at what went wrong with the
English camp at the recent world cup he will have seen the folly of playing Faz
instead of George. Indeed, the selection policy overall.

If he has as good a rugby brain as I suspect, all the candidates will get a look in
and there will be no nepotism. In my day we had probables v possibles games and I hope they can organise a few around the prem program.
A life long Tiger
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

If Faz is so mouthy, why doesn't the ref just march them back another 10 yards??
It strikes me that this underused sanction could be much more regularly employed to the benefit if the game ??
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

So to get back on topic then - I wish we had Dan Bowden playing at 12 this Saturday!!

A cracking player IMO, Bath are lucky to have him.
Soggypitch
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Bowden would have flourished with us now under Mauger. He was unfortunately with us when injuries reduced us to the bare bones and our game plan was less expansive.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

tigercaspian wrote:If Faz is so mouthy, why doesn't the ref just march them back another 10 yards??
It strikes me that this underused sanction could be much more regularly employed to the benefit if the game ??
A ref did it a few weeks ago in a televised match. It was notable as I couldn't remember it happening in ages.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fortysix wrote:Priestland must be mental.. logical and best no 10 by far for any team is Matthew Morgan, then Biggar... then Patchell then Owen Williams then Priestland ??!!

Anyway Barf fans, you are lucky !!
Bowden is a different class to Priestland . Stuuuuuuuuuuuupid youth......
Two things. Morgan, while a very good fly half, is a bit on the lightweight side so not best suited to Warrenball. Priestland does blow hot and cold, but is a "favorite" of Gatland's, who does tend to be quite loyal. All IMHO.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

fortysix wrote:Heard on reasonably good authority that Farrell is DEF No 1 in the pecking order for Jones for Home Nations

Ford has shown he can be much too flaky under pressure

Personally I would prefer Cipriani but then I am probably in a minority...!! He deserves a run of a few matches...
Ford may be the more talented (although not yet on reliable good form) but at international level a kicker needs a longer range than he has. So either England accept the compromise or someone else kicks the longer penalties which would mean looking outside of the current backs (which in turn may compromise that selection) or playing either Farrell or Cipriani given that Slade is injured.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Dan Bowden is an excellent acquisition for barf (what salary cap? :smt001 )

Not sure how much game time he will see though - Eastmond at 12 plus Devoto, and Priestland cannot get any time at 10 even from the bench....

I cant see wales calling up priestland, so bench spot during the 6N at best for Dan :smt017

He's better than that and would get more game time at any other prem side imo...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

mol2 wrote:
fortysix wrote:Heard on reasonably good authority that Farrell is DEF No 1 in the pecking order for Jones for Home Nations

Ford has shown he can be much too flaky under pressure

Personally I would prefer Cipriani but then I am probably in a minority...!! He deserves a run of a few matches...
Ford may be the more talented (although not yet on reliable good form) but at international level a kicker needs a longer range than he has. So either England accept the compromise or someone else kicks the longer penalties which would mean looking outside of the current backs (which in turn may compromise that selection) or playing either Farrell or Cipriani given that Slade is injured.
Eliot Daly could be that long range kicker.
Soggypitch
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I know he did play at 10 a few times when he was here, but I always thought he was a better 12. I was sorry when he left because I rated him, I think he'll do well at Bat especially as Priestland has now officially announced that his international "retirement" was merely a bit of banter!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Dan Bowden

Post by DickyP »

Had read that he was returning to England but hadn't realised until last evening that he was already at Bath and playing: was at 10 as the lost at home to Glos.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Dan Bowden

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.