Team for Boxing Day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by Cagey Tiger »

LE18 wrote:CT , sorry I am lost, are you asking me a question?
No, just pointing out that there are more reasons for a club letting a player go than being "not good enough".
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Yes I am aware of that, but don't think Camacho fell into the Cap situation did he? obviously Horachio did and especially his lack of availability. I have serious reservations as to whether we will see Camacho in 1 st team, nor Crane and Loamanu, we have far better players.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

22-10 win. No bonus point.
We made so many errors, even dropped the ball whilst grounding it for a try from Tait and Veaniu. Croft also takes the award for worst pass I have ever seen to mess up another try. I counted that we also lost 6 set pieces in a row against the leagues worst team, scrum got pushed around.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

A 5 pointer that went begging it was as if Tigers had gone back in a timewarp to last season. To nany poor handling mistakes and decision making. The 2 disallowed tries were a case in point and some gilt edged overlaps went begging due to a refusal to pass. Our international front row and scrum was made to look positively ordinary. Wrigglesworth is simply not worth his pay packet.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Dare I say it but should we have reverted to the boring stuff it up your jumper rugby to get the 4th try?
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

The first one was really annoying particularly as the cross field kick was sublime
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote:Dare I say it but should we have reverted to the boring stuff it up your jumper rugby to get the 4th try?
They tried that numerous times during the game but Falcons just dragged our driving and rolling mauls down.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

ellis9 wrote:Dare I say it but should we have reverted to the boring stuff it up your jumper rugby to get the 4th try?
We tried the boring stuff. We tried the driving maul and we failed every time. Our scrum had no domination at all, and was made to look ordinary.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Spicer wrote:
We tried the boring stuff. We tried the driving maul and we failed every time. Our scrum had no domination at all, and was made to look ordinary.
Said the same on the terrace. We have been hailed for playing fast ball off the top of the lineout this season so why didn't we do it as much today?

Bit of a Munster hangover maybe?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Please don't burn the witch, plenty of opportunity for that around the cauldron in the kitchen, but shouldn't we have picked a strong side and whooped the rear end of this lot and resorted to the normal capitulation against Sarries next week if we needed to rest players? Plus what was all the rhubarb about JDV and St Manu of Abbey Park playing?

Apologies for the outburst but I wonder if that was as frustrating to watch as it was to listen to, here in my darkened cell away from the womenfolk.

However, a win is a win (happy clap and wave flag)! Now who's hidden my festive spirit?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Spicer wrote:

Mr Wells did his homework and got a gold star for his efforts. Made the Tigers look very ordinary at the set piece.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

Scrum didnt look ordinary, it looked bad- did we lose 3 against the head? Lost our own limeouts too often- two brilliant pieces of play ruined by dropping the ball over the line. Newcastle down to 13 and we didn't capitalise,

Very frustrating, but a win's a win- really could have done with bonus point and it was there for the taking, need to be better, but good sides win badly sometimes
terraceite
Tiger Cub

Post by terraceite »

my guess is painters will need to replace dressing room walls after that :smt009
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Spicer wrote:22-10 win. No bonus point.
We made so many errors, even dropped the ball whilst grounding it for a try from Tait and Veaniu. Croft also takes the award for worst pass I have ever seen to mess up another try. I counted that we also lost 6 set pieces in a row against the leagues worst team, scrum got pushed around.
It must bring a slight smile to know that they have only become the league's 'worst' team today.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Our set piece wasn't functioning well enough for that!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man