Foxes' Happy Clappers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCATsOLDMAN

Foxes' Happy Clappers

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

Watching the Foxes v Chelsea match, it struck me that City has many 'happy clappers' in the crowd, one assumes the 'clappers' being provided by a sponsor. Could this be the answer to our doom mongers? :smt040
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Foxes' Happy Clappers

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes watching the same game and it isn't a great match but a fantastic goal made by Mahrez and scored by Vardy!

Luckily at Tigers we have our own great finisher in Niki with the little Tongan not far behind, plus a great creator in YBY, all we need now are a couple of power houses in the centre a la Huth/Morgan - Manu/JDV come to the party, we won't need "happy clappers" at W Rd!!
Soggypitch
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Majority of the Doom mongers were/are realists..
At last-after 4 or 5 years--we seem to have a real Team, and a real Coach
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fortysix wrote:Majority of the Doom mongers were/are realists..
Unreal team lifted the Premiership trophy 2.5 years ago then.....coached by an unreal coach......

No, i'm not ignoring the last 2 'poor' (by our standards) seasons but 4-5 years is twaddle.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote:Watching the Foxes v Chelsea match, it struck me that City has many 'happy clappers' in the crowd, one assumes the 'clappers' being provided by a sponsor. Could this be the answer to our doom mongers? :smt040
The clappers are provided by the club,bear no sponsors on them and are on every seat before every game
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There some amongst them who rarely post now, never a compliment to how the team is doing now, just wums who have lost their voices.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty amazing.

LCFC might actually get some bandwagon fans now, which is odd.

So long as Americans pronounce Leicester correctly then great. Hate when I'm over there in a tiger top and people ask me who is liceChester
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

tigerburnie wrote:
There some amongst them who rarely post now, never a compliment to how the team is doing now, just wums who have lost their voices.
And some have kept theirs…...
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

RagingBull wrote:Pretty amazing.

LCFC might actually get some bandwagon fans now, which is odd.

So long as Americans pronounce Leicester correctly then great. Hate when I'm over there in a tiger top and people ask me who is liceChester
Have you heard them try Loughborough? It comes out as Loogabaroogah :smt043 It's hilarious!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Complete and utter (insert your favourite derogatory word here e.g. rubbish). The usual attempt of a doom monger to claim the moral high ground.

Doom mongers are doom mongers, happy clappers are happy clappers and realists are somewhere in between and never one of the aforementioned.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Well done to the foxes back at the top after last night's match, I feel sure it's the Ranieri factor he seems to succeed or leave a legacy of success for those who follow, wherever he goes.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

My son is a City season ticket holder and he tells me that the Thai owners are doing their utmost to engage with the supporters.
Clappers on the seats at every match, placards that the fans can hold up and/or turn over, free bottles of Singha beer and last night, 'Vardy Salted' Walkers Crisps as you went through the turnstiles.
You might say it's a bit engineered, (I know the owners are incredibly wealthy,) but my son says the atmosphere is incredible there at the moment and also in no small part played by the team and Mr Ranieri (One of the nicest men in sport.)
I'm not necessarily comparing City to Tigers, but it's thrilling to see both sides of Aylestone Road play to their best and with the utmost credit :smt041

Long may it continue.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

dunks43 wrote:
DCATsOLDMAN wrote:Watching the Foxes v Chelsea match, it struck me that City has many 'happy clappers' in the crowd, one assumes the 'clappers' being provided by a sponsor. Could this be the answer to our doom mongers? :smt040
The clappers are provided by the club,bear no sponsors on them and are on every seat before every game
and they cost a LOT of money something like £20k per game
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Maximus66 wrote:My son is a City season ticket holder and he tells me that the Thai owners are doing their utmost to engage with the supporters.
Clappers on the seats at every match, placards that the fans can hold up and/or turn over, free bottles of Singha beer and last night, 'Vardy Salted' Walkers Crisps as you went through the turnstiles.
You might say it's a bit engineered, (I know the owners are incredibly wealthy,) but my son says the atmosphere is incredible there at the moment and also in no small part played by the team and Mr Ranieri (One of the nicest men in sport.)
I'm not necessarily comparing City to Tigers, but it's thrilling to see both sides of Aylestone Road play to their best and with the utmost credit :smt041

Long may it continue.
the placards or Tifo displays aren't paid for by the club they are paid for by a fans group called Union FS