Kitchener

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kitchener

Post by TomWeston »

Hooper needs a good slapping - always and often!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

TomWeston wrote:Hooper needs a good slapping - always and often!
He is one of my least favourite players. Such a niggly wind up merchant. He never seems to be far from trouble.

Do we know how long we have to wait until we know if Kitch will be cited or not?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kornboy130 wrote:He can probably expect a citing and a small ban for that - in game yellow would have been appropriate though - he's dipped his shoulder in to the players back and blind sided him. I doubt it has anything to do with Eastmond being an influential player for Bath and much more to do with shifting a player offside - that being said it was over-harsh and a cheap shot.

2 week ban for guilty plea and good previous.
Surely if a yellow would have been sufficient then only a 1 week ban would be appropriate? A two week ban would be like receiving two red cards for the player in question!:)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Several Bath players had been doing the 'just standing here' routine (perfected by the ABs), and I suspect Kitchener used the old 'offside and out of the game' view of his own path forward. Very common in the days before overweening delicacy became the fashion. No doubt if cited he will get as much as the arm-snapper from Stains :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

kornboy130 wrote:He can probably expect a citing and a small ban for that - in game yellow would have been appropriate though - he's dipped his shoulder in to the players back and blind sided him. I doubt it has anything to do with Eastmond being an influential player for Bath and much more to do with shifting a player offside - that being said it was over-harsh and a cheap shot.

He certainly does NOT dip his shoulder.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

DickyP wrote:

He certainly does NOT dip his shoulder.
Extra weeks ban for not trying to pull out of the contact. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Maidman wrote:I've watched the replay, and it really looks like Kitch just runs through Eastmond. It doesn't look malicious, and I'm surprised it was enough to injury Eastmond. I seriously hope that there isn't a citing, was it really that bad? I'm sure I've seen worse go unremarked and unpunished.

(And doesn't Hooper just complain about everything?)
Concur.....on both points.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

To play devil's advocate, Kitch is entering the ruck so obviously from the side and to do so he he does appear to catch Eastmond with a swinging right arm as he goes through him. IF he is cited I see a plea of guilty and one week, possibly 2 because of the effect of the impact.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Don't worry - according to the ever reliable BBC he didn't even play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34912259
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tyzot wrote:Don't worry - according to the ever reliable BBC he didn't even play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34912259
now we know who Richie McCaw handed his invisibility cloak to......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

No citing? None that I can see/find (so far) anyway.

Guessing it's not been cited but suppose there's a chance it's in the pipeline and it just hasn't been published.

Timescales etc

http://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document ... eutral.pdf
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I haven't seen the incident as no-one so far has published a link to it but, from memory, I believe that it has to be a red card offence in order to be cited. No citing if it should have been a yellow card and as several posters here have said it was no more than yellow then I would not expect him to be cited.
Hehehehehehehehe
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

trendylfj wrote:I haven't seen the incident as no-one so far has published a link to it but, from memory, I believe that it has to be a red card offence in order to be cited. No citing if it should have been a yellow card and as several posters here have said it was no more than yellow then I would not expect him to be cited.
http://www.premiershiprugby.tv/Team/LeicesterTigers Click on the full match, wait for the advert to finish then go to 1hr 30min along the time line, or just watch the whole game.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I reckon that we're well beyond the Citing Commissioner's 24 hours.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

trendylfj wrote:I haven't seen the incident as no-one so far has published a link to it but, from memory, I believe that it has to be a red card offence in order to be cited. No citing if it should have been a yellow card and as several posters here have said it was no more than yellow then I would not expect him to be cited.
Cunningly disguised within the link I provided.....

10. If the Citing Commissioner assesses that a Player committed a serious act of Foul Play which in his/her assessment almost, but not quite, meets the red card threshold but does warrant an off-field yellow card for the act of Foul Play he may issue a written warning (known as a ‘level 1 citing’).

So no ban would follow but would still be a 'citing' of sorts. The way BT commentators were going on about it it must have at least been looked at......they were sure kitchener had been a naughty boy

We may well be past the 24 hour threshold but that's just the threshold for the Citing Officer to report it in writing to the RFU Head of Discipline, so not necessarily the time limit for it to be published to us - although the club would probably know.

I don't think a citing is coming, I don't believe it was a serious act of foul play, simply just chewing the fat as it was mentioned after the game.