Games postponed (according to BBC)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Games postponed (according to BBC)

Post by Ads677 »

Just received alerts from the BBC stating that our games at Newcastle on 14th Feb and against Harlequins on the 20th Feb have been postponed!

Other teams have also had some of their games postponed apparently.

Anyone know if this is true or is it a BBC bug?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Games postponed (according to BBC)

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I wonder if they have been moved due to TV schedules?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I suspect that's the BBC's automated system picking up on the fixture changes.

We are now away to Newcastle on Friday 12th February and away to Quins on Friday 19th February.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

It is the BBC blagging and taking a guess at when the outstanding European pool matches will be played. My contact at sky still insists that the outstanding pool matches will be played on the weekend of the 29th to 31st of January 2016 and that only any clubs involved in France Top 14, the Aviva premiership and Celtic Pro League will have their fixture on that weekend postponed to a later date.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Iain wrote:I suspect that's the BBC's automated system picking up on the fixture changes.

We are now away to Newcastle on Friday 12th February and away to Quins on Friday 19th February.
Well, that would explain it, but what an unhelpful alert, especially as the BBC Rugby website shows a number of postponed games rather than simply showing their re-scheduling.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'm surprised anyone gives any credence to anything coming out of the BBC these days, they have been pretty useless for about a generation or so.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

BBC has shown it like this for at least the last 5 years, if not longer.
Before the season starts all games show as Sat ko, and are then changed to postponed when confirmed on a different day. It is daft, but always been like that.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Tigers Tiger wrote:BBC has shown it like this for at least the last 5 years, if not longer.
Before the season starts all games show as Sat ko, and are then changed to postponed when confirmed on a different day. It is daft, but always been like that.
This may be the case, but they sent a specific alert this morning (via their App) confirming the "postponement". Why now?
MJB

Post by MJB »

Iain wrote:I suspect that's the BBC's automated system picking up on the fixture changes.

Yes, these changes were announced on 5th November:

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/237 ... l251tLhDwc

Looks like the Beeb App has just realised this.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:It is the BBC blagging and taking a guess at when the outstanding European pool matches will be played. My contact at sky still insists that the outstanding pool matches will be played on the weekend of the 29th to 31st of January 2016 and that only any clubs involved in France Top 14, the Aviva premiership and Celtic Pro League will have their fixture on that weekend postponed to a later date.
What have the rearranged fixtures got to do with us, Falcons or Quins? "wrong", "tree" and "barking" spring to mind. Plus I doubt that EPRC would have announced the dates of the rearranged fixtures as the start of January unless they were pretty sure.
Hiron
Tiger Cub

Post by Hiron »

Ads677 wrote:This may be the case, but they sent a specific alert this morning (via their App) confirming the "postponement". Why now?
Have you ever thought about asking the BBC as opposed to whining about it here?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Hiron wrote:
Ads677 wrote:This may be the case, but they sent a specific alert this morning (via their App) confirming the "postponement". Why now?
Have you ever thought about asking the BBC as opposed to whining about it here?
I don't think anyone was whining. Looked like he was looking for clarification to me.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Cagey you waffle on for the umpteenth time about something and nothing I reiterate the outstanding matches will be played on the weekend of the 29th to 31st of January 2016, or why would my friend at Sky who cover these matches not BT Vision, tell me that they're having to rearrange travel schedules for that weekend.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

EPRC website only giving 8/9/10 January for Stade v Munster, no other dates shown
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noddy555 wrote:Cagey you waffle on for the umpteenth time about something and nothing I reiterate the outstanding matches will be played on the weekend of the 29th to 31st of January 2016, or why would my friend at Sky who cover these matches not BT Vision, tell me that they're having to rearrange travel schedules for that weekend.
Funny that. The game organisers think that they will be played on 8/9/10th January.

Your "friends" at BBC and SKY seem very unreliable Noddy.
Still keeping the faith!