Kitchener

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gramps

Kitchener

Post by Gramps »

Likely to be cited after clearing Eastmond out no where near the ruck and from the side. If he is hopefully it will just be deemed to be a yellow card offence.
Last edited by Gramps on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Re: Kitchener

Post by Tigerbeat »

What is your source of this info?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

It is my opinion based on what I saw with my eyes the opinions of the commentators and the fact that the challenge forced Eastman to leave the pitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:What is your source of this info?
Today's BT Sport pundits took great delight in highlighting it and showed a number of slow motion replays culminating in Dayglo saying something along the lines of he would be very surprised if Kitch is not summoned.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

It seemed to me that Eastman was standing in an off side position at said ruck. Kitch appeared to be putting him back over to the right side. I only saw it on the big screen though.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I didn't see in detail what happened other than a collision and then Eastman on the deck in trouble. TBH I assumed the worst that one of our players had hit him off the ball hard enough to shake their greatest threat up a bit or even put him out of action. I hope to hell that this isn't the case but if it is I'm not happy if this is a sign of how we deal with this kind of player. One Courtney Lawes in the game is one too many. A few years ago the Tuilagis waged a war on Abendanon at Bath, but then the hits were largely legal and in context (basically hard tackles). But this looked cynical.

From what has been said about the response of the commentators we may be seeing a citing against Kitchener, a player we have been missing recently and may be missing for a while longer due to this action.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

any links?????
Hehehehehehehehe
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

having watched it and then gone back to review the video, to me it just looks like Kitch running into him - no more, no less. There's no dipped shoulder, no arms shoving merely two players going the same way colliding. Eastman was, of course, in an offside position and making no effort whatsoever to get onside.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Lazy retreating and Kitch ran through him.

May be deemed a retrospective yellow as he could have avoided contact
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Eastman? You lot can't even get his name right so I wouldn't be relying on your judgement! :smt005
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I would be surprised if he's not cited because it was off the ball and resulted in an injury forcing Eastmond (not Eastman!) off the pitch.

Not particularly malicious but not clever either. Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't be surprised with a 1 or at worst 2 match ban. Luckily we have good cover at lock presently.
Soggypitch
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Apologies I have now amended the name of Mr Eastmond
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

He can probably expect a citing and a small ban for that - in game yellow would have been appropriate though - he's dipped his shoulder in to the players back and blind sided him. I doubt it has anything to do with Eastmond being an influential player for Bath and much more to do with shifting a player offside - that being said it was over-harsh and a cheap shot.

2 week ban for guilty plea and good previous.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hooper and their touch line coaches did a lot of complaint to the AR on the Crumbie side, AR appeared to shake his head as if to say Ref had just played on so nothing there.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I've watched the replay, and it really looks like Kitch just runs through Eastmond. It doesn't look malicious, and I'm surprised it was enough to injury Eastmond. I seriously hope that there isn't a citing, was it really that bad? I'm sure I've seen worse go unremarked and unpunished.

(And doesn't Hooper just complain about everything?)