Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Steve56
Tiger Cub

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Steve56 »

Does anyone on the forum know what the layout will be under the new stand? Are there any plans for a replacement to the Captain's Bar (where the hoi polloi can enter), or is it to be used solely by corporate clients? I personally miss the old bars in the clubhouse, and find the Final Whistle a bit industrial and 'barnish'.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Steve56 wrote:Does anyone on the forum know what the layout will be under the new stand? Are there any plans for a replacement to the Captain's Bar (where the hoi polloi can enter), or is it to be used solely by corporate clients? I personally miss the old bars in the clubhouse, and find the Final Whistle a bit industrial and 'barnish'.
From what I have been told under the stand are toilets an office and food outlets and nothing more.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I would like to nominate Noggs for some sort of award.

I have a level of knowledge and experience in property development from a past life, and I recall having to provide answers to questions from 'operational' colleagues similar to some of the issues raised in this thread.
However, I lack Noggs's detailed construction knowledge, and moreover, I would struggle to have the patience shown by him when fielding the queries from one or two of the more persistent posters here, especially when such queries display a distinct lack of logic and common sense. No-one working high up on the roof during gale force winds - whatever next!

Chapeau Noggs!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Thanks Murph; money is always welcome :smt003

In answer to Steve56 you can view the plans on the following link:

http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/ ... px?pbfc=87

From what I can see there is a large servery opening onto the concourse which I would assume will serve beer in a similar way to the concourse server in the METex stand. OK for drinks just before and during the game but not designed to replace the old club house bars. In addition there are toilets and a new shop.

The first floor is offices and the second houses ground control together with the ClubHouse lounge with bar and associated kitchens, etc.

The extra capacity comes at a price and I'm sorry to say that those looking for a drink after the game will have to use one of the other bars within the ground or retire to a local pub.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My understanding is that there will be a concourse type bar and there could well be a captains theme to the décor. There may even be a corner where the Away Supporters Club can take bookings.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MurphysLaw wrote:I would like to nominate Noggs for some sort of award.

I have a level of knowledge and experience in property development from a past life, and I recall having to provide answers to questions from 'operational' colleagues similar to some of the issues raised in this thread.
However, I lack Noggs's detailed construction knowledge, and moreover, I would struggle to have the patience shown by him when fielding the queries from one or two of the more persistent posters here, especially when such queries display a distinct lack of logic and common sense. No-one working high up on the roof during gale force winds - whatever next!

Chapeau Noggs!
+1 :smt038

For once, someone who posts on the same topic, day after day, which I actually look forward to. Puts flesh onto the bones of the webcam pictures.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noggs wrote:
G.K wrote:I still don't get the slanting roof, makes the whole stand look weird and awful to me, roof or not.

I would also have thought they could have turfed the in-goal area by now.

The slanting roof is necessary because the end of the pitch runs at and angle to the road with a consequential reduction in the depth of space available for seating. This design maximises the use of the space available.

The in goal area my well already be grassed but this has had sand laid over the top as it has to be 'shared' with the construction team to allow front access to the site. After each game some form of sheeting is laid over the area to enable the heavy cranes and other plant to make use of the space and for lorries to park whilst materials such as the structural steelwork and pre-cast concrete seat staging are offloaded and craned into position. Only when such access is no longer required will any attempts be made to restore this area to grass and considering the time of year this may be delayed until the end of the season
If that's the case, I hope they don't bother, considering we're hopeful of a Deso installation in the close season.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:

Chapeau Noggs!

For once, someone who posts on the same topic, day after day, which I actually look forward to. Puts flesh onto the bones of the webcam pictures.
I am most grateful to Noggs for providing "inside information" on progress - or lack thereof.

Were "The Club" niave in believing and telling us all that the Stand would be completed for the Stade Game? Are not Xmas (or shortly thereafter) and Easter for full completion much more likely (achievable) targets? Although if the wind blows and it rains, snows or freezes maybe next season would be more realistic! :smt003

Does it matter? Well not to me personally. To those who have bought season tickets and membership of the Clubhouse it might. And to the Clubs Credibility it is no worse than the catering!!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Steve56 wrote:Does anyone on the forum know what the layout will be under the new stand? Are there any plans for a replacement to the Captain's Bar (where the hoi polloi can enter), or is it to be used solely by corporate clients? I personally miss the old bars in the clubhouse, and find the Final Whistle a bit industrial and 'barnish'.
I believe this ground floor plan of the new stand will answer in simple terms even for "Basher Bill" showing the north - south concourse with toilets, bar & server, + shop. I presume the inter column areas could be utilised for drinking dens.
You will have to move the x-y cursors on the attached planning drawing
but the detail is good, but the shop looks very small.
:- http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/ ... px?pbfc=85
try this :smt023 Planning file22
http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/ ... x?pbfc=493
Last edited by wormus on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

linky not working..
cheers
Rich
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Good to see that the high winds have not prevented a start on the cladding of the back face of the stand above the brickwork, starting at the 'pointy end'. They are likely to follow on from the same end with the roof sheeting.

There's around 5 weeks of build time before the Christmas break and we should see big changes in that time :smt023
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Chapeau Noggs!
I disagree with this totally. No award should be given. Mrs Noggs, bless her, will never hear the end of it. However, the insight is quite refreshing. :smt002
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

physiodan wrote:

Chapeau Noggs!
I disagree with this totally. No award should be given. Mrs Noggs, bless her, will never hear the end of it. However, the insight is quite refreshing. :smt002
But I need the money :smt003

Good progress with the installation of the composite horizontal spanning cladding panels at the back of the stand and with the fixing of the supporting steelwork for the sheeting at the south end of the seating :smt023
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I've just checked webcam and there is no evidence of any work going on. Typical! Symptomatical of a club that has failed to sign either Sonny Bill, Dan Carter or Richie McCaw......although this inadequate management seems ingrained as I note that neither Barry John nor Gareth Edwards ever played for Tigers! Why wasn't Cockers held to account then?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Stu_F wrote:.... I note that neither Barry John nor Gareth Edwards ever played for Tigers! Why wasn't Cockers held to account then?
If you check back with some of the early threads I believe he was blamed at the time :smt003