Argentina

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Argentina

Post by TigerLad »

Excellent display from Argentina and all the players with tigers connections. The 4th best team in the Southern Hemisphere just demolished the best team in the northern hemisphere. Says a lot about the state of European rugby. :smt009
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Argentina

Post by drc_007 »

I think Argentina finished above South Africa in the last TriNations and so probably regard themselves as the third placed team. However the general point still stands, looks like the southern hemisphere domination of quarter finals.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerLad wrote:Excellent display from Argentina and all the players with tigers connections. The 4th best team in the Southern Hemisphere just demolished the best team in the northern hemisphere. Says a lot about the state of European rugby. :smt009
See my almost simultaneous post for one possible factor before we deify SH rugby (yawn) again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Matera must've been MotM, even if he RWC voting system was going to pick the more obvious Sanchez.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Fantastic (and a little scary) to see an Argentina side this good. They get my backing for the rest of the Tournament.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Fantastic!! Their improvement sine joining the Rugby Championship is amazing. Perhaps England should apply to join.....oh and the rest of the NH sides!!
Soggypitch
stonebob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by stonebob »

argentina and nz had pleanty of rest coming into this weekend and it showed ..ireland were knackered in the last 15mins .they should have tossed a coin with the french last weekend. to see who faced the all blacks and saved themselves...
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

argentina and nz had pleanty of rest coming into this weekend and it showed ..ireland were knackered in the last 15mins .they should have tossed a coin with the french last weekend. to see who faced the all blacks and saved themselves...
Exactly my thoughts.
Scotland also had a fairly easy ride through their group which was toughest on Japan having to play the Scots after a shorter rest.
Australia's tough group nearly took it's toll on them today but they have squeezed through.
Sort of makes England's failure all the more disappointing as they had the best schedule of them all.
Cheery chappy
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

I thought they could win but not by that margin. I just hope that it is regarded as a good win and not an unlucky Ireland with injury problems. Credit where its due - an historic win :smt045
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I want Matera back!!!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Soggypitch wrote:Fantastic!! Their improvement sine joining the Rugby Championship is amazing. Perhaps England should apply to join.....oh and the rest of the NH sides!!
Quite so, Soggy. The impact of elite players paying at an elite level.

Its hard to ignore that the two biggest underperformers, England and France, are the two countries based on club rugby. The gap between some of the rugby seen in this tournament and what we see in club rugby is absolutely massive.

People keep saying the players are there in England. My answer to that is that last years champions, Saracens, had a back division of Wigglesworth, Farrell, Barritt, Taylor, Goode, Ashton, Strettle etc....and they won it comfortably and have largely been Englands best team for the last 4 years or so.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Sajerj wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Fantastic!! Their improvement sine joining the Rugby Championship is amazing. Perhaps England should apply to join.....oh and the rest of the NH sides!!
Quite so, Soggy. The impact of elite players paying at an elite level.

Its hard to ignore that the two biggest underperformers, England and France, are the two countries based on club rugby. The gap between some of the rugby seen in this tournament and what we see in club rugby is absolutely massive.

People keep saying the players are there in England. My answer to that is that last years champions, Saracens, had a back division of Wigglesworth, Farrell, Barritt, Taylor, Goode, Ashton, Strettle etc....and they won it comfortably and have largely been Englands best team for the last 4 years or so.
& Hodgson, who imo is theit best back.