Osborne and NFL

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Osborne and NFL

Post by jgriffin »

http://tinyurl.com/owajqyp

Apart from a bit of a threat to rugby, how come Osborne manages to find sports money for China and US business (don't pretend there aren't big sweeteners here) but sweet nothings for ordinary kids in the UK whether ensuring facilities or youth coaching? I know some on here will blame councils but when budgets are receiving massive cuts (wonder where the tax element is going?)don;t you Kippers on here feel it should begin at home?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Osborne and NFL

Post by TomWeston »

Is that Georgie Osborne a Kipper, then?

Well I never!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

jgriffin wrote:http://tinyurl.com/owajqyp

Apart from a bit of a threat to rugby, how come Osborne manages to find sports money for China and US business (don't pretend there aren't big sweeteners here) but sweet nothings for ordinary kids in the UK whether ensuring facilities or youth coaching? I know some on here will blame councils but when budgets are receiving massive cuts (wonder where the tax element is going?)don;t you Kippers on here feel it should begin at home?
Couldn't agree more
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

......how come Osborne manages to find sports money for China and US business (don't pretend there aren't big sweeteners here) but sweet nothings for ordinary kids in the UK whether ensuring facilities or youth coaching?
Simple because he is a complete and utter grade 1 pregnant goldfish who has spent his entire period as a Minster bending over backwards for the Chinese, Indians and Americans etc. at the expense of the Brits!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Because the British people gave him a mandate in May to behave in that way. And to be fair when he says "we" he doesn't mean US or Chinese citizens.
Cassandra
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Cassandra »

G.K wrote:... who has spent his entire period as a Minster bending over backwards ...
How does a large church bend over backwards?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the talks would have been about Taxation of players for any future franchise as to whether they would pay tax there or not due to the NFL being an american league.

there was nothing in that article about public funds going to the NFL either, they do enough for people to protest about without making things up
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Cassandra wrote:
G.K wrote:... who has spent his entire period as a Minster bending over backwards ...
How does a large church bend over backwards?
Have you been to Chesterfield, Cassandra?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex