2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: 2015/16 Squad/Contracts/Rumours Thread Part 1

Post by Bill W (2) »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:I am the eternal optimist and if we got SBW I would wear a bath top at work whilst declaring Bath are better than and deserve to be classed as the best EPL ever!!
You think that will be enough to persuade him to join us? :smt017
Still keeping the faith!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So do I add SBW to the list or not?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

RagingBull wrote:So do I add SBW to the list or not?
Maybe you should ask Harry Ellis? :smt016
Still keeping the faith!
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

sam16111986 wrote:The line he cuts for his try is really nice. From deep, at speed and straight off the shoulder of the ball carrier. Hard to defend against that. He looks a very mobile player. I said it when I saw him playing for the Blues, he does remind me of Craig Newby, no obvious weakness to his game and a massive work rate.

Hope he comes over soon. If he fancies bringing a team mate with him for our back line I wouldn't say no either.
Sam & RB, totally agree on O'Connor, there are extended highlight of his performance on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/3ys7kHUZiIc
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

The extended highlights show O'Connor's involvement leading up to Buckman's try. I thought he did a passable impression of Kieran Reid at the weekend - food for thought for our coaches, even though we've signed him as an open side.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Wow he looked really good can't wait to see this guy in a Tigers shirt I reckon he could be one of the signings of the season...

His line was delightful :smt023
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:I am the eternal optimist and if we got SBW I would wear a bath top at work whilst declaring Bath are better than and deserve to be classed as the best EPL ever!!
You think that will be enough to persuade him to join us? :smt017
I think so Bill..I mean it's a sacrifice I am willing to take to witness SBW in a tigers top!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Reading between the lines, I think we have a 12 lined up who is the right man for the job, but not available yet.

Cohen made reference in the past to preferring to spend on a marquee player only if they were the right man. He also said that what they didn't want to do was sign someone now that would mean we wouldn't be able to get a better option in 12 months time, of which they were aware of some.

That and the fact we have made an approach for De Villiers and were looking at Wynand Oliver suggests to me that this is precisely what has happened - that someone is lined up for September 2016 and we are trying to fill the gaps in the mean time. I truly don't think we'd do this if we didn't have a very good signing lined up.

So whilst the 12 position might look a bit shakey this season, they clearly think that there is enough available to us to make do for a season, then have something spectacular the following season.

This is absolutely fine by me, and quite exciting when you fit the pieces together.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Iain wrote:Reading between the lines, I think we have a 12 lined up who is the right man for the job, but not available yet.

Cohen made reference in the past to preferring to spend on a marquee player only if they were the right man. He also said that what they didn't want to do was sign someone now that would mean we wouldn't be able to get a better option in 12 months time, of which they were aware of some.

That and the fact we have made an approach for De Villiers and were looking at Wynand Oliver suggests to me that this is precisely what has happened - that someone is lined up for September 2016 and we are trying to fill the gaps in the mean time. I truly don't think we'd do this if we didn't have a very good signing lined up.

So whilst the 12 position might look a bit shakey this season, they clearly think that there is enough available to us to make do for a season, then have something spectacular the following season.

This is absolutely fine by me, and quite exciting when you fit the pieces together.
I agree that this is what we're meant to believe, and there are probably large swathes of truth in this theory...
However... Just because we have identified a/some targets, there's nothing to say that the target/s' heads won't be turned by France or the resident celery cap cheats in the AP. If we get a Nadolo / SBW, great but I doubt it's etched in stone!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

O'Connor....blimey, I'm looking forward to him hitting the AP! Tigers' recruitment is looking pretty good IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Sonny Bill now following Veainu...

Could it be?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Darc Tiger wrote:Sonny Bill now following Veainu...

Could it be?
That would be a bit too much for me..I would have to wear a full bath kit if that happens!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Darc Tiger wrote:Sonny Bill now following Veainu...

Could it be?
Grasping at straws! That said if it happens i will be happy to chew on some :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

What did Cockers say when interviewed on radio Leicester after the game today? They said they were going to ask him about the big new signing.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

When asked about the situation, Cockerill told BBC Radio Leicester, “We are getting there…”

The Radio Leicester presenter then remarked that Cockerill was grinning and so “it must be something good,” to which Cockerill replied, “Until it’s done, it’s never done."