Use of Stub Hub ended!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Use of Stub Hub ended!

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ticket buybacks
If you are a season ticket holder and find that you are unable to attend a particular fixture, you can offer your place for re-sale.
We are no longer working with StubHub, but Tigers are running our own Buyback scheme which will be launched before the opening home game in the Aviva premiership season, against Harlequins on October 25.
Season ticket holders will be able to release their tickets if they are unable to attend, allowing other supporters to buy them. A pro rata price for the position will be refunded from the club to the season ticket holder.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/233 ... d3iLMSkqrU
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Use of Stub Hub ended!

Post by fentiger »

That should be better! The one and only time I used StubHub was not a good experience, they took weeks to pay and then it was wrong, in the end I got them to refund me their fees, but it was a struggle!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

For Stubhub read glorified ticket touts, it's well overdue that Tigers have split from them.

Good riddance I say!
Soggypitch
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I totally agree and this is a move which I wish all the other clubs would follow. StubHub and their like are nothing short of on-line ticket touts and if I had my way, would be banned completely. Well done Tigers for looking after your season ticket holders. I predict it could lead to more people signing up for the whole season if the buy-back scheme turns out to be a fair and simple exercise to release tickets when you simply cannot make a game due to weddings (Saturdays mainly), work (Friday nights), broadcasters changing KO times or the raft of other stuff that hits any family during the course of a season. I am delighted with this change and feel as if Tigers really do care about me as a season ticket holder.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

My Stub Hub experience was excellent no complaints. I would suggest that it was such a success that Tigers think they can earn more by not splitting with Stub Hub. That may be true but they need to have a very good system in place or else they will drive touts for the handful of sell-out games we will get.

My experience with touts has always been paying inflated prices for tickets which is something that I never did using Stub Hub so I am not rushing to knock them.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Stub Hub worked well for me last season - all our unwanted tickets sold and money arrived no problem. However I was concerned that we were selling tickets below list price against Tigers still trying to sell full price tickets. It seemed like Tigers had let in their own ticket tout.
Much happier with a Tiger's arrangement although I expect the only tickets resold now will be when Tigers have sold out first for that type of ticket.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
arickett

Post by arickett »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Stub Hub worked well for me last season - all our unwanted tickets sold and money arrived no problem. However I was concerned that we were selling tickets below list price against Tigers still trying to sell full price tickets. It seemed like Tigers had let in their own ticket tout.
Much happier with a Tiger's arrangement although I expect the only tickets resold now will be when Tigers have sold out first for that type of ticket.
Don't see why this would be the case as club would pay you 14th or 15th of your season ticket price back and then sell the ticket at full price as long as attendance hold up well above ST numbers should be petty cash netual,
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

For matches that don't sell out with Stub hub I was able to sell my ticket below list price in competition with Tigers selling full price tickets. Under the new arrangement I expect that I will only get paid if Tigers sell my ticket at full price which they will presumably only do after they have sold the tickets they already have. This means I will only get money back on sold out games. No complaints as I thought the Stub Bub arrangement was a bad deal for the club.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

How much did Stub Hub pay Tigers to tout their tickets?

Not enough it would appear!

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:For matches that don't sell out with Stub hub I was able to sell my ticket below list price in competition with Tigers selling full price tickets. Under the new arrangement I expect that I will only get paid if Tigers sell my ticket at full price which they will presumably only do after they have sold the tickets they already have. This means I will only get money back on sold out games. No complaints as I thought the Stub Bub arrangement was a bad deal for the club.
As details of the scheme have yet to be clarified I will wait and see how it will operate before berating it. The suggestion is that Tigers will refund the season ticket holder at the original cost, i.e. a proportion of your full season ticket price and that will apply to all grades and all bands. So long as I get my cost refunded I really don't care. As our prices for individual games are already discounted (by the very nature of being a season ticket) it is inevitable that Tigers may well sell that seat for a higher price as one-off match tickets are always more expensive. Good luck to them because it means I don't have to bother about it or feel cheated because a day or KO time has changed and I now can't get there. I'd rather let somebody else see our great team in action rather than there be an empty seat especially if I'm not out of pocket. You can still pass on your ticket to somebody you know as Tigers will happily re-print a match day ticket for collection at the ground and invalidate your card for that game.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

You can still pass on your ticket to somebody you know as Tigers will happily re-print a match day ticket for collection at the ground and invalidate your card for that game.
Is that right, I never knew you could do that. Would be very handy for me as I live in Milton Keynes and so passing the cards on to mates and relatives isn't easy. What is the precise procedure please?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ourla wrote:
You can still pass on your ticket to somebody you know as Tigers will happily re-print a match day ticket for collection at the ground and invalidate your card for that game.
Is that right, I never knew you could do that. Would be very handy for me as I live in Milton Keynes and so passing the cards on to mates and relatives isn't easy. What is the precise procedure please?

Just ring the ticket office, tell them the game and who you want to collect them and they will sort it out for you :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
ourla wrote:

Just ring the ticket office, tell them the game and who you want to collect them and they will sort it out for you :smt023
OK, cheers.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

More details from an email I received today:
Season ticket holders will be able to release tickets online or by calling the ticket office if they are unable to attend, allowing other supporters to buy them at our usual ticket prices, and a pro rata price for the position will be refunded from the club to the season ticket holder. Seats will be available to be purchased as soon as possible after you have listed them on the club's existing ticketing platform, and you will be able to delist your seat until it is sold.

The table below shows what the club will return to you if we are able to resell your ticket, and more details will follow on how the system will work before the end of September.
  • Adult 65+ YAFTS Junior Family
    GOLD £34 £34 £34 £34 £34
    SILVER £25 £23 £22 £10 £15
    BRONZE £22 £20 £19 £8 £13
    TIGER £16 £15 £15 £7 £10
    TERRACE £16 £15 £15 £7 £10