New kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit

Post by Iain »

If I was going to buy it I'd wait until April when they start flogging them for pocket money.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

RagingBull wrote:
Suz wrote:It's ok. Not great but ok. Miles better than the bib. Although that's probably not hard.
The t-shirts nice, not sure in the long white sleeves it's a bit bland.
On the whole I think I will waistband see 'in the flesh' before deciding to part with my cash
Waistband see?

Damn autocorrect?
Ops! Yes should be wait and see. That makes so much more sense!
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

RagingBull wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:I am completely shocked at how awful it is...the classic one with the white arms is both horrendous and stupid...

I was so excited at buying this shirt now unless the away one by some miracle isn't disgusting will be another year I don't buy one due to design..

It was put perfectly on the Facebook group with: Why can't the Tigers leave well enough alone? Seems like the club has spent the last 10 years actively trying to avoid wearing one of the most famous club kits in rugby

I :smt017 :smt011 :smt012
Surley you mean the last 5 years?

The 09/10 and 10/11 was a thing of beauty IMO.
Funnily enough RB this is the only kit I wear I just couldn't be bothered editing his post from my iPhone..I wear it even though it has Waldrom 8 on the back

I am holding out hope for the away kit (silly I know) all I want is a decent kit I can wear it is ridiculous that they keep making such awful kits the new classic version with the white sleeves is just a Joke!!!
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

At least it has hoops! It does kind of look like it was a half decent design to begin with but was then given a once-over by a rugby league kit designer...

Surely the aim a of a kit is to convey the identity of a club and be appealing to its fans, so they'll buy it and generate money for the club?!
The following article sums up the entirety of what Kooga's research SHOULD have been:
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/766 ... ai8tK1waP8

I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

I think it is better than last year and a lot more traditional. I think part of the problem is the white arms/shoulders against a white background gives them an odd shape. It will probably look a lot better in the flesh..
cheers
Rich
butler8
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by butler8 »

the ones worn by the players in the video of the photo shoot have a mostly green back with only 1 band at the bottom i presume to show the printing in a clearer light. as someone who likes abit of replica-ness i wish the ones we are able to buy also had the green back as white printing on the hooped design will look rather muddled!

but on the whole i like it better than last years
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Brutus wrote:At least it has hoops! It does kind of look like it was a half decent design to begin with but was then given a once-over by a rugby league kit designer...

Surely the aim a of a kit is to convey the identity of a club and be appealing to its fans, so they'll buy it and generate money for the club?!
The following article sums up the entirety of what Kooga's research SHOULD have been:

I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
It is crazy that they obviously don't want to make money from it..I think it looks like a crappy league shirt and unless the Away one springs some kind of miracle I will be spending the money I wanted to buy this with on an England one...

Well done Tigers great job :smt038 :smt012
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Brutus wrote:At least it has hoops! It does kind of look like it was a half decent design to begin with but was then given a once-over by a rugby league kit designer...

That's the one shirt I would buy, alongside the old black euro shirt. I have 3, and the last one - last season's - is a piece of caci, as the Welsh say. I won't be buying this one, although it isn't that bad...think 'bib' for truly awful.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Apart from the green fade its similar to the 2008 jersey , which i shall resurrect from my wardrobe and I will wear it for 15/16 games.
Sixty quid for a replica shirt :smt010 that isn't a replica of the players shirt ! Not on yer nelly.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Brutus wrote: I am a little surprised by a couple of people saying that they'd only buy the shirt if we'd won silverware - how fickle can you be!!
I know that Bill can speak for himself but, I would imagine that when you have supported Tigers as long as he has, buying a new shirt every season would require huge amounts of wardrobe space. Buying one when we have won silverware is a form of memento of the success.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

To put it simply, I don't like it.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Has anyone contacted the relevant department to ask why the players shirts have an all green back but the "replica" shirts do not? How can they be a replica? :smt017
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ellis9 wrote:Has anyone contacted the relevant department to ask why the players shirts have an all green back but the "replica" shirts do not? How can they be a replica? :smt017
It's for the numbers it is why some replicas didn't have a white square on the back unlike the players version.

Usually test shirts will have them if released.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I can't wait to see how few people buy them bet it will be astonishing...

Whoever is ultimately responsible should feel very embarrassed!!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Has anyone contacted the relevant department to ask why the players shirts have an all green back but the "replica" shirts do not? How can they be a replica? :smt017
It's for the numbers it is why some replicas didn't have a white square on the back unlike the players version.

Usually test shirts will have them if released.
I know the reason why is for the numbers but a replica shirt should be exactly the same as the players shirts. What if a fan purchases a shirt and wants a name and number on the back?!