Fans thoughts on the coming season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans thoughts on the coming season

Post by RagingBull »

Freddie bringing to youngsters to rugby school.

Could we be seeing them in the academy?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Sajerj wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:I was in Leicester at the weekend and my grape vine was set up to work nicely. I understand the Tuilagi family had a big re-union in Samoa, so Manu may not yet back from that,if he went. Lot of photographers hanging around the Oval Park on Saturday, not sure why?

Correct TB. They were all in Samoa for the game against the All Blacks. Here is a link of their family reunion from the Samoan Observer

http://www.samoaobserver.ws/home/headli ... by-dynasty

Very evident that Manu would not have been fit for the World Cup. Puts his England 'ban' in a different perspective really.
Thanks for the link. Is it right about Brian moving to Saracens? Haven't seen or heard it anywhere else.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Brian at Newcastle unless I'm mistaken.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote:Brian at Newcastle unless I'm mistaken.
He was last season and, as far as I was aware, was staying there But the article says, "The rugby talents have also been inherited by Lauaki’s sons. The eldest, Brian, at age 20 is contracted with a rugby team in London that won the premiership last season." They may get Newcastle's geographical proximity to London a little off, but Premiership winners?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

The club to show some common sense when it comes to scheduling games when the knock out stages of World Cup are on.

As it stands at the moment, our home games with Quins and Wasps clash with one of the semi-finals and the final respectively and Simon Cohen's comments in this week's Rugby Paper don't fill me with confidence.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:The club to show some common sense when it comes to scheduling games when the knock out stages of World Cup are on.

As it stands at the moment, our home games with Quins and Wasps clash with one of the semi-finals and the final respectively and Simon Cohen's comments in this week's Rugby Paper don't fill me with confidence.
My Dad emailed the club last week about this and was promptly promised they would not clash.

Frankly, if the "it must be 3 o'clock on a Saturday" brigade kick off over this then they don't like rugby.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

When oh when oh when will people on here stop blaming the club for game scheduling?????????????????
Less is more....
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bunchy wrote:When oh when oh when will people on here stop blaming the club for game scheduling?????????????????
A minimum of 10 years after the Crumbie has been rebuilt!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote:Freddie bringing to youngsters to rugby school.

Could we be seeing them in the academy?
Well his son is in the academy.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

i think we may struggle at the start of the season but we do have a lot of quality players not playing for an international team. i think the new coaching setup will take a while for it to setup but when it does it should be good. as ever though hoping for some silverware.
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

Interesting to read Freddie's comments on Manu with regard to his return this week. Said he would be doing rehab and some running and see where he was at, but injury continues to improve.

So not a chance that Manu would have been fit to play international rugby in a matter of weeks and make the RWC.

Hopefully he will be fit for the start of the new Aviva season, but sounds touch and go.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Next Season is going to be the most crucial since 2008/09, at that stage
we were not only moaning about our lack of success in Europe, but were realising that the players who had replaced our famous ABC front row and Martin Johnson, were not up to their standard. Indeed a long way short of it. Over the next 3 seasons we had to start rebuilding the team and this time we are certainly have to try and rebuild the back line with the exception of Tate & Goneva and just hope that the players replacing Parling, Salvi et al will step up to the mark.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Thoughts on the coming season - cant wait and it seems so long to wait to see the Tigers. I am getting serious withdrawal symptoms. I dont care if we lose all our games I just want to be at WR going potty and cheering the boys on. :smt026 :smt026
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Noddy555 wrote:Next Season is going to be the most crucial since 2008/09, at that stage
we were not only moaning about our lack of success in Europe, but were realising that the players who had replaced our famous ABC front row and Martin Johnson, were not up to their standard. Indeed a long way short of it. Over the next 3 seasons we had to start rebuilding the team and this time we are certainly have to try and rebuild the back line with the exception of Tate & Goneva and just hope that the players replacing Parling, Salvi et al will step up to the mark.
I get the principle but replacing the ABC and Johnson is nothing like replacing Parling and Salvi IMO although rebuilding our midfield looks a very tough task for a first season job for Mauger. Betham is a good signing and TBH Mauger did help Manu produce a fine display at 12 against SA. I'm hopeful.

Thank god Ayerza, Youngs and Cole signed new deals as I couldn't see us replacing them this season though.

Kitchener is a ready made replacement O'Connor we will have to wait and see but tbh he had an excellent season for a poor blues team.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I am just looking forward to getting back on the terrace on match days.

I would prefer to leave each match with a smile (even one of relief) rather than concerns, but will take each match as it comes - if we lose but play well fair enough.

I will give the new guys time to 'gel' without groaning and moaning - I seriously doubt any of the players take to the field with the intent of letting the supporters, coaches or Club down.

I hope that the gob on a stick near to me who feels he has to share his disdain at anything and everything (including "witty" (often abusive - going beyond banter) put-downs of our opposition (and our own players/coaches) on the day) with the rest of the crowd has been abducted by aliens during the close season.

I only have one expectation (of playing matters), well two in one really:

I expect every player who wears that shirt and takes to the field goes his all, full effort, full commitment to the cause (if they are bettered by a better player or bit of skill then that's different), the second part of the expectation is that if they aren't fully committed I expect the coaching staff to rectify it - in whatever way they see fit.

I think we will be there or thereabouts again come the end of the season, we will benefit from a longer pre-season - to give those players time to gel and for new coaches to have some effect (not necessarily instantaneous results though), I think we will get better as the season goes on.

I know that whatever the players/coaches do, achieve or attempt throughout the season, it will not be good enough for some of the fifth columnist types on here (that is not aimed at those with constructive and reasoned criticism of coaches/players/tactics/results etc). Maybe those who (only ever it seems) pop up to bring misery and negativity to proceedings should get their boots on and show is how it's done better - I couldn't, or I would've done I guess.

I wait for the abuse, particularly at the last point :smt002 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.