Independence Cup Match Cancelled

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Independence Cup Match Cancelled

Post by Noddy555 »

Disagree with you Ellis the three questions that should be asked by the Tigers management when taking on fixtures abroad are:

1) Does it fit into our schedule from the perspectives of training and Feasability.

2. Can our fans get there at a reasonable cost and does the guesting infrastructure in place. i.e. hotels, transport etc.

3. Are all the permissions to stage such a match in place from the appropriate authorities i.e National Rugby Association, Local Authorities and the local police if required? Take it from me I worked in the Tourism Industry at a senior level and whenever organising trips for sports clubs I sent them a leaflet which included these 3 questions and many more.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

1) Does it fit into our schedule from the perspectives of training and Feasability.

I guess if it did not fit into the Training plan or was not feasible, Tigers would have declined it.

2. Can our fans get there at a reasonable cost and does the guesting infrastructure in place. i.e. hotels, transport etc.

The purpose of the match was to to promote the game of rugby in the US. As it was a friendly, the significance of whether our fans could get there, in my opinion, is a small factor. Had it been a competetive match, I agree that this would require a high concern.

3. Are all the permissions to stage such a match in place from the appropriate authorities i.e National Rugby Association, Local Authorities and the local police if required?

I guess that most of the Permissions had been give but was relying on USA Rugby giving their approval. It appears to have fallen at the final stages.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigersince74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigersince74 »

Oh dear, it looks like Tigers got into bed with the cowboys.

Our CEO blames USARugby and they have now issued a statement in response.

http://usarugby.org/news/item/usa-rugby ... n-required

NRFL want to exist outside of World Rugby and USA Rugby have been resisting them since 2010. NRFL look like nothing more than a circus act.

Oh dear Tigers what have you done :smt017
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigersince74 wrote:Oh dear, it looks like Tigers got into bed with the cowboys.

Our CEO blames USARugby and they have now issued a statement in response.

http://usarugby.org/news/item/usa-rugby ... n-required

NRFL want to exist outside of World Rugby and USA Rugby have been resisting them since 2010. NRFL look like nothing more than a circus act.

Oh dear Tigers what have you done :smt017
Not their homework! :smt003

Maybe Noddy should appply for one of the two positions Simon Cohen has acailable - the first is as his sexual advisor, and the second involves sex and travel!

Where stood RFU and World Rugby in this fiasco? Sitting firmly on the fence?

And allowing Tigers toe get the egg on face!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

TIGERBEAT I think your zeal for everything linked to Tigers is clouding your judgement when it comes to reading posts. Although I put my question about permissions third on my list if I had been in Tigers management fixing up the game that question would have been the first one. I maybe wrong but a serious mistake was made by Tigers management and they should own up to it. If I had purchased Match , Travel and accommodation prior to the cancellation I would not only expect a full refund from the Tigers but also compensation for any unrecoverable items laid out on things like airline tickets. That is the main reason when travelling by air which is not too often I pay for tickets using a credit card.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nobody comes out of this looking good.

NRFL want to exist outside of USA Rugby and World Rugby, which is frankly laughable. They have track record for being utter chancers and making unfulfilled promises.

USA Rugby should have addressed this long ago and been clearer sooner for the reasoning. NRFL appears to have been something they've just ignored.

Tigers should have done their homework on NRFL before committing and should have realised that the warning signs were there.

I note none of the discussion is centred around the loss of pre-season game time and instead talks of the marketing potential of the exercise. Something sad about that.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Simple case of backing the wrong horse. Bit embarrassing but I certainly won't be losing sleep over it.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

One person criticising Tigers for this cancellation booked with the Away Supporters Club to go to Toulon, when asked for the money he said his car was going in for it's M.O.T and he would contact me later. LTASC were landed with £161.00 worth of train & metro tickets and had to pay a single room surcharge at the hotel, fortunately I was able to cancel one room. Of course I have heard nothing from the guy but he does seem to apply different standards to others.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sounds like you should be naming and shameing John!
tigersince74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigersince74 »

Update from Ticketmaster – ‘thank you for reaching out to us. We have confirmed your event is cancelled. As fans we feel your pain’!!

That made me smile. Refund to follow so no serious damage other than disappointed JTC members and loss of currency fees.

As for the LTASC its not me. Let the process of elimination commence :smt003
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

johnthegriff wrote:One person criticising Tigers for this cancellation booked with the Away Supporters Club to go to Toulon, when asked for the money he said his car was going in for it's M.O.T and he would contact me later. LTASC were landed with £161.00 worth of train & metro tickets and had to pay a single room surcharge at the hotel, fortunately I was able to cancel one room. Of course I have heard nothing from the guy but he does seem to apply different standards to others.
Poor show. Maybe the guilty party will have a conscience and contact you to arrange a suitable way of compensating the LTASC. In my limited experience, John, you do a fantastic job and I don't know how or why anyone would take advantage this way.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
bageo
Tiger Cub

Post by bageo »

Noddy555 wrote:Disagree with you Ellis the three questions that should be asked by the Tigers management when taking on fixtures abroad are:
3. Are all the permissions to stage such a match in place from the appropriate authorities i.e National Rugby Association, Local Authorities and the local police if required? Take it from me I worked in the Tourism Industry at a senior level and whenever organising trips for sports clubs I sent them a leaflet which included these 3 questions and many more.
I agree on the sentiment of needing to be reasonably sure of arrangements.

I don't know the details in this case but on point(3) it it very difficult. I doubt the Tigers have all the permissions in place for using the new clubhouse stand ... they can't prove safety until it is built. That isn't to say that getting the permit shouldn't be routine business and following all proper steps it should happen but .... they are quite rightly selling tickets now.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Bageo I agree that the Tigers are quite right in selling tickets for the new stand but that situation is not equable to fixing up fixtures. Mind you if there is some catastrophic delay to the construction of the new stand then I would expect Tigers to compensate people who had already bought tickets for this by moving them to another area in the ground and compensating them for loss of convenience. Happily this situation will not occur fingers crossed.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Looks like Sarries' match in US may be off too, various tweets are reporting that ticket sales site has closed.