So when is the new kit unveiled?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

So when is the new kit unveiled?

Post by StaffordTiger »

Forgive me if there are already previous threads on the topic, but isn't the new kit usually released around this time of year?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: So when is the new kit unveiled?

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It depends... Canterbury's first two were released for the play offs, but last years was later. Cotton Traders were normally a little later whenever we had a signing to parade.

Rumour is this year's (Kooga?) will be about the same time as last year's. Releasing it at the Welford Road open day makes commercial sense to be fair.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Simon Cohen confirmed on the RL Rugby show that it is indeed Kooga, apparently at the choice of Kitbag, which I find strange.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I understand that Canterbury have been very difficult to deal with and that the lack of sizes for the larger gentleman or lady are down to Canterbury not providing them to Kitbag.

My reading of Kitbag 'choosing' Kooga may be that they will supply to the demand, rather than supplying to what they think the demand will be.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have heard they are waiting on us signing Nadolo so that the release can coincide with that...Mauger has got him released and apparently we are going to play him at 12 how he likes to for Fiji :smt003
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Whenever the new kit is revealed for next season can I make yet another plea regarding discarding the shocking Orange Alternative kit, lets go back to White and then Black for the Euro games.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Its a shame the suppliers dont get the fans to vote on the next kit, surely if we vote for it we'll buy it!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

chipnchase wrote:Its a shame the suppliers dont get the fans to vote on the next kit, surely if we vote for it we'll buy it!
Democracy? Heaven forbid! You'll be suggesting we get the vote on team selection next :smt002 :smt003

Seriously though, at first glance not a bad idea. Put say 3 designs per kit on the Tigers website and ask for a vote. Or would that be open to hijack by non-Tigers fans and we end up with the worst options. Thinking about it, deciding who can vote could/would be problematic.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thinking about it, deciding who can vote could/would be problematic.
No that would be easy! Thee and me alone and I have twice as many votes as thee!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I like the idea of a vote although probably the only way to keep it "legal" and avoid being hijacked by fans from other clubs would be to restrict the vote to season ticket holders and members. They would be required to enter their reference number and name, just as you have to for ticket purchases on-line, before the voting options are offered. Not difficult to do, it works well for priority ticket sales and season ticket renewals. Whether the club would have the courage to do that though is another matter. That said, they could save themselves time and trouble by doing what they know we all want and that is approving a red, white and green hooped design for home games and a non dayglo colour like the Caterpillar light blue for away games. Don't really see why we need a European shirt either because we would just wear our home or away design with different badges. Then again, I forgot, we need another one just to make more money - silly me :smt003
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I have heard they are waiting on us signing Nadolo so that the release can coincide with that...Mauger has got him released and apparently we are going to play him at 12 how he likes to for Fiji :smt003
Really? As well as signing Olivier? Nadolo is related to Lote Turquiri (cousins) just out of interest. Now who did he play for once?
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Nadolo is also a big friend of of Lachlan MacCaffrey and they used to room together. When they met up in Sydney the other week, I had the temerity to suggest to Lachlan on Twitter that he should encourage his mate to come to Leicester too and was quite chuffed when this was favourited :-)

(You don't get it you don't ask!!!!)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Coops wrote:Simon Cohen confirmed on the RL Rugby show that it is indeed Kooga, apparently at the choice of Kitbag, which I find strange.
Canterbury arrived when Kitbag took on the retail contract. At the time Canterbury were owned by JD Sports. In 2012 Canterbury were sold by the JD Sports group. Kooga is another brand owned by JD Sports, so therein lies the answer as to why it has changed at the end of the 3yr contract. Nothing sinister - it's effectively with the same people.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I have heard they are waiting on us signing Nadolo so that the release can coincide with that...Mauger has got him released and apparently we are going to play him at 12 how he likes to for Fiji :smt003
Is that really true?
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:I like the idea of a vote although probably the only way to keep it "legal" and avoid being hijacked by fans from other clubs would be to restrict the vote to season ticket holders and members ... they could save themselves time and trouble by doing what they know we all want and that is approving a red, white and green hooped design for home games and a non dayglo colour like the Caterpillar light blue for away games.
That's perfectly logical although I guess there might be moans from non-ST holders and members. The answer to that is quite simple - if you want a say, join the club. I'm not too sure about the idea of a 'non-dayglo' colour for the away strip. Why not just stick with the three colours, make the home strip predominantly green and, in the away strip, swap the green and white round?