Manu Tuilagi to Saracens!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi to Saracens!

Post by fentiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Could of been in one of the many 50 zones which would make sense..Otherwise this is ridiculously harsh
The report I read said it was an average speed check!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

fentiger wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Could of been in one of the many 50 zones which would make sense..Otherwise this is ridiculously harsh
The report I read said it was an average speed check!
Yes so that is a 50 zone those average speed ones..Ah Manu you silly boy..at least that makes more sense 81mph in a 50 is pretty bad..
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

This might provoke some controversy but if Manu left the Tigers, I for one wouldn't be too disheartened. He has too many injury problems and his off field behaviour smacks of a raw 17 year old instead of a mature man of 24. Plus his form at the end of the 2013/14 season was not all that brilliant. I still remain convinced that at the match in Clermont he should have passed to Niki Goneva and Goneva would have been through for a try which would have been the first score of the match and given the Tigers momentum. Instead he hung onto the ball and got clobbered by one of the French centres and their fullback. Within 2 mins of this action Clermont went up the field and scored. Manu is too greedy by far and nowhere near as talented as he thinks he is.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Noddy555 wrote:This might provoke some controversy but if Manu left the Tigers, I for one wouldn't be too disheartened. He has too many injury problems and his off field behaviour smacks of a raw 17 year old instead of a mature man of 24. Plus his form at the end of the 2013/14 season was not all that brilliant. I still remain convinced that at the match in Clermont he should have passed to Niki Goneva and Goneva would have been through for a try which would have been the first score of the match and given the Tigers momentum. Instead he hung onto the ball and got clobbered by one of the French centres and their fullback. Within 2 mins of this action Clermont went up the field and scored. Manu is too greedy by far and nowhere near as talented as he thinks he is.
Wow. He's the only world class back we have, and along with Cole and Ayerza our only world class players. He came through the academy and is a British and Irish Lion. To suggest it wouldn't be a big deal to lose him is ridiculous. If we can't hold on to some one like that then we truly are in decline. No wonder he's considering leaving when his own "supporters" are so quick to put him down. There's a reason every club in the world will be looking to sign him at the end of his contract. He's world class.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Noddy555 wrote:This might provoke some controversy but if Manu left the Tigers, I for one wouldn't be too disheartened. He has too many injury problems and his off field behaviour smacks of a raw 17 year old instead of a mature man of 24. Plus his form at the end of the 2013/14 season was not all that brilliant. I still remain convinced that at the match in Clermont he should have passed to Niki Goneva and Goneva would have been through for a try which would have been the first score of the match and given the Tigers momentum. Instead he hung onto the ball and got clobbered by one of the French centres and their fullback. Within 2 mins of this action Clermont went up the field and scored. Manu is too greedy by far and nowhere near as talented as he thinks he is.
Blimey Nod, I've just checked my pulse as I find myself agreeing with you :smt003 Manu has not brought more to his game and as such has become a 'one trick pony'. Reputation counts for little if you can't improve and add to your game.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

How much people forget when a player is out with regards to their quality is absolutely astounding.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Much of my opinion on this subject has been formed by watching Manu and then the frustration when he doesn't offload or try something a bit different. I agree he is a good player, but he does need to add more to his game. Personally I would hope that Mauger may enable him to do that, if not then due consideration should be made regarding his usefulness to Tigers, IMO, of course :smt001
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

kornboy130 wrote:How much people forget when a player is out with regards to their quality is absolutely astounding.
And they also forget that big, strong, fast players like Manu stretch defences leaving gaps for others. Although I do agree that he tends to hold on to the ball too much. A bit like Dan "crowbar" Hipkiss in that respect.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:How much people forget when a player is out with regards to their quality is absolutely astounding.
. A bit like Dan "crowbar" Hipkiss in that respect.
agree with this and when he comes back and plays well everyone will be saying what a great player he is. always did like hipkiss.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Doing 81mph on the A1 is no big deal. 8 weeks driving ban is equally insignificant. They do average speed cameras in the same systems as plate recognition, not just road works.
Last edited by Isambard on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

If Leicester lose Manu, it is game over for a season or two. The whole game plan and recruitment is based around Manu at 13. No other club would sign Loamanu as a 13 back up!

Astounded that people say losing him wouldn't be a big deal. He has singlehandedly won Tigers so many games. Ask the fan of any club the name they don't want to see on the Leicester teamsheet and it is always Manu!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

More importantly, any news on his recovery.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

His ability in attack is enormous.
Better than anyone including Bastereaud.

His defence is the total opposite, and only a guarantee like Allen or Barritt will in part cover up his lethal shortcomings.

Tuilagi Goneva and Benjamin all together.. erm......
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Next season will be important for Tigers. From what I understand both Manu's and YBY's contracts will be up for renewal and I believe it is imperative that we resign both. They are not only our two best backs but they have both come up through our system. Losing one or both would be a massive sign that Tigers are slipping and this will make it harder to attract new, quality players.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

fortysix wrote:His ability in attack is enormous.
Better than anyone including Bastereaud.

His defence is the total opposite, and only a guarantee like Allen or Barritt will in part cover up his lethal shortcomings.

Tuilagi Goneva and Benjamin all together.. erm......
I really find this a bizarre post - Miles and Niki are indeed questionable in defence - but Manu? he runs a perfectly servicable in to our drift when the ball is placed wide and an evidently planned out to in when the ball looks like being shipped through the 13 channel.

Honestly to say his defence has "lethal shortcomings" makes it beggar's belief the guy is probably England's best back and is a test capped Lion.