Who do you want to win and why?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Who do you want to win and why?

Post by ourla »

Forget the salary cap for a minute, forget we aren't in it. On Saturday we have a clash of styles with the free running try machine called Bath taking on the strong, we will not be broken, might of Saracens. We don't have a great affinity with either, do we have an affinity with anyone? Still, who do want to win and why?

I have to confess, I've kind of taken to Saracens all round game. Their forwards front up and can play the physical game, they've got a decent 9&10, and can play some decent running rugby when they see the opportunity. They've come back from some final and semi final disappointments to get back in the mix again. Maybe they deserve to win a trophy this time round.

On the other hand who can fail to be wooed by Baths scintillating back line. Let's get that ball out there boys and cut loose. Let's face if it was us and Sarries in the final the neutrals would be groaning. But watching this Bath cat purr will get the eyes popping. It's still Sarries for me though. I want to see if Bath can come back fighting next year. Winning this year would be too easy.

:smt040 :smt030 :smt023
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who do you want to win and why?

Post by ads »

I'm honestly not bothered who wins. As long as it's the better team on the day I'm not bothered.
They can both play good rugby, but I just can't get behind either of them.
I suppose it'd be good to have a different name on the trophy, but it's Bath!!! :smt011
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

After imploding at the last gasp last season, missing out on the Top 4, going away to lick their wounds and come back stronger - Bath would be worthy winners I think. Anybody other than Sarries to be honest. I don't know what it is about them, but the frequent flyer miles clocked up by Brendon Venter at what can only be huge cost and the make-up of the squad, they just seem like a bunch of mercenaries to me.
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

Is there really no way they can both loose?!!!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

So I can't wish for an enthralling game played in excellent spirit with the championship ultimately being rescinded from the winner in the salary cap investigation and awarded to Northampton?!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:So I can't wish for an enthralling game played in excellent spirit with the championship ultimately being rescinded from the winner in the salary cap investigation and awarded to Northampton?!
Very fair point, but as likely to happen as Blatter to resign voluntarily!!
Soggypitch
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Game to be 9 -9 after extra time. Decided on penalties. Won by Bath after Faslet misses!!!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Mo Leicester wrote:Is there really no way they can both loose?!!!
Loose = not tight
Lose = not win.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I want Saracens to win. Someone has to, and rather them than Bath. I don't want Bath to win anything, ever, and the reason is.............

because.

(Brought up that way, sorry).

(Also there is something quite smug about them at the moment. Not that they don't deserve to be in the final, they do, but the question was.. Who do you want to win and why?)

I don't feel at all good about wanting Saracens to win though.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Small spelling mistake aside, I know exactly where you are coming from. It's more who do you want to lose most. For me, no contest. Sarries to lose against any team in the world bar the ABs.

Phil B mentioned about Bath being smug at the moment. Brendan Venter instilled smugness and arrogance into Sarries culture. Tigers are not the only club they have attempted to wind up by singing very loudly, with the changing room door wide open after winning at the opposing teams ground. I don't tar all the players to the same extent, but Ashton has to be the worst and from the few interviews I have see of him, Billy V. is getting up there. Mako on the other hand exhibits little, if any, of these wonderful traits.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Yes: they could both lose if they have the correct sanctions applied for flouting the salary cap. I can dream, can't I? :smt015
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Difficult one, but I err on the side of Saffacens, just to fill in the faces of journos and Craig, just want to bask in the schadenfreude..
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I want rugby to win.

We've had a great couple of games to decide who joins the Premiership next season, and the Premiership Final should also be a great spectacle. It is up to the two teams to make it so, and not play a defensive, afraid to lose style that undoes all the goodwill set up by Wuss and Briz. It would also help divert the press from the antics of the usual suspects.

Bath or Saracens, I don't mind, although I suspect Saracens will be less insufferable winners!
Valhalla I am coming!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Don't really like either club. But I will say Bath because that means we lost to the champions.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Saracens for me, they are less obnoxious since the good Doctor returned to the Veldt. Whilst Bath (Craig in particular) are in the obnoxious ascendency :smt003