Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by MrPartridge »

Who on earth would move from Apple to Microsoft???

:smt002
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Having seen the Saints team that they are putting out today I am optimistic about Tigers chances of getting a result. If I were the coach of Sarries or the chiefs I would have lodged a complaint with the stuffed shirts at the RFU that Saints are not putting out their strongest available Team and indeed seem to be resting players for next week's semi-final. No Lawes, No Hartley although he is on the bench.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Noddy555 wrote:If I were the coach of Sarries or the chiefs I would have lodged a complaint with the stuffed shirts at the RFU that Saints are not putting out their strongest available Team and indeed seem to be resting players for next week's semi-final.
What's your problem with this? Since the 23 named players in today's Northampton squad are on their club's books, they have a perfectly legitimate right to represent the Saints.

Following your logic, would you complain to the RFU about the Tigers not fielding their strongest line-up in the LV Cup matches?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Noddy555 wrote:Having seen the Saints team that they are putting out today I am optimistic about Tigers chances of getting a result. If I were the coach of Sarries or the chiefs I would have lodged a complaint with the stuffed shirts at the RFU that Saints are not putting out their strongest available Team and indeed seem to be resting players for next week's semi-final. No Lawes, No Hartley although he is on the bench.
Player selection for any particular game is not a matter for the RFU.

Stains team selection is interesting and they do have strength in depth. Today's selection will be looking to put their name on the team sheet for the final, assuming they get there, so we can expect a very competitive game.

I think the bookies are optimistic with their odds but I sincerely hope they are right :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Been drinking already In Guiness Veritas you shouldn't really start so early it probably clouds your vision as well as your judgement. Alcohol
rots the brain cells remember.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Having seen the Saints team that they are putting out today I am optimistic about Tigers chances of getting a result. If I were the coach of Sarries or the chiefs I would have lodged a complaint with the stuffed shirts at the RFU that Saints are not putting out their strongest available Team and indeed seem to be resting players for next week's semi-final. No Lawes, No Hartley although he is on the bench.
Saracens daren't complain as they're only in with a chance because the plug was pulled from the salary cap investigation :smt002
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Been drinking already In Guiness Veritas you shouldn't really start so early it probably clouds your vision as well as your judgement. Alcohol
rots the brain cells remember.
I see that you are falling back to your old tactic of ignoring the topic under discussion and insulting another forum user. It does tend to undermine your arguments.

I posted a while ago that this is the sort of thing I thought JM would, just not quite on this scale though.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Saints A playing pretty well

If we can keep our composure we can win but we look a tad nervous when defending our own line.. too many penalties at the minute
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

As expected this Northampton team is highly competitive, we need to use Loamanu a bit more IMO
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Carley..........
covrich

Post by covrich »

Burns gives away a stupid penalty and .. well that could have stopped a try..

We seem to like to shoot ourselves in the foot a bit today.

Saints A well up for it, we look a tad wobbly
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

We could do with getting our backs into the game a bit more, Goneva and Tait have looking promising so far
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Slater is playing well too
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Ref decides he wants to enforce in at the side when we score a try, hasn't called it since or before. I'm sure the players really appreciate the consistency....
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Wigglesworth has to be video ref, some bizarre decisions!!!