Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fentiger wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:it wasn't aimed at anyone but my point stands
OK, no probs. Must be getting paranoid :smt009
no worries, I just get sick of hearing about that point when "England Footballer cheats on his wife" is all over the papers and people bleat about the bad example to their kids, well he isn't their dad so shut up and let him live his life. Granted this is worse because its involving criminal charges but the point remains the same
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Can't stand the people on Twitter calling for jail and saying he is scum before even hearing what happened.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Can't stand the people on Twitter calling for jail and saying he is scum before even hearing what happened.
Pathetic isn't it, people just can't wait to stick the boot in!
It's not difficult at 23 years old to get into this type of situation.
Best avoid if possible but rugby players are normal people just like the rest of us.
I feel if this was Joe Bloggs he would be slapped with the bill for the damage, court costs and a little extra for being a big clumsy fool and accidentally knocking a small WPC, probably just under a grand to Joe Bloggs, and he will still be allowed to go to work on Monday!
Cheery chappy
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I've heard that he pushed the officer because he was trying to get to Alesana and they were blocking him. It's still not the full picture obviously but I'm sure the events will come out sooner or later. I bet that he will be referred to as a "Samoan" rugby player from now on.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

As stated the details are what is needed.

It's a shame the BBC felt the need not to provide proper coverage of the sentencing as this would have allowed us to have perspective.

It is however interesting that both Manu and Alesana have been arrested for assault within the last 12 months.

I take on board the sentencing and without context we can't state whether appropriate.

As for banning him I actually think it sets a good example if you commit a crime and bring your team into disrepute there is a consequence - it's not just to the fans he will loose a lot of money from this. For example Leicester Tigers may loose corporate revenue

For those who don't think there should be consequences clearly your lucky as for many professions you would be in trouble at work as well.

Manu is racking up a lot of silly incidents and I hope the club get him to do some private contemplation - like probations thinking skills course which will help him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

When was the last time we had Manu for the whole of preseason?
x24jue

Post by x24jue »

To get some perspective as to were the magistrates deemed the seriousness to be look on sentencing guidelines website under assault police. To get a fine they must have deemed it to be "lower harm lesser culpability". Facing his parents is probably going to be more terrifying for him.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

murphy15 wrote:I'm sure I won't be popular for saying this, but despite his outstanding abilities and worth to the club, I think he should be sacked. When footballers transgress in this manner I am furious that they aren't dismissed by the club instantly, as I would be from my job if I did the same. Rugby often attracts plaudits for respect, discipline and handling of issues and I would like this to be another example.
I agree - get rid asap!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

G.K wrote:
murphy15 wrote:I'm sure I won't be popular for saying this, but despite his outstanding abilities and worth to the club, I think he should be sacked. When footballers transgress in this manner I am furious that they aren't dismissed by the club instantly, as I would be from my job if I did the same. Rugby often attracts plaudits for respect, discipline and handling of issues and I would like this to be another example.
I agree - get rid asap!
Now lets not get silly. He is still under contract! Several French teams, or Japanese not to mention the odd Aviva Club would pay handsomly for him!

And since Slancaster has blacklisted him he has nothing to lose by going to France!
Still keeping the faith!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Fine let him go - the gendarmes will not take kindly to being pushed around though.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

G.K wrote:Fine let him go - the gendarmes will not take kindly to being pushed around though.
Likely the Gendarmerie would have dealy with this incident without in court.

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Bill W (2) wrote:
G.K wrote:Fine let him go - the gendarmes will not take kindly to being pushed around though.
Likely the Gendarmerie would have dealy with this incident without in court.

:smt027
Quite likely I'd say...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote:
I agree - get rid asap!
Apparently we are in talks with Savea.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

A big embarrassment for the Tigers name and the fans, manu has all the talent in the world to be a world beater and a rugby legend but with this behaviour what can you say, being drunk while injured, assaulting police, a rugby icon who no kid should look up to with this behaviour. I think last chance saloon for the lad, he has a poor disciplinary record so far and if this happens again then game over make your way to Japan or France!!
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

he was drinking while he was injured!! we have missed him but if he dosent play for a year (if he gets banned)then he will be no use to tigers. hopefully he gets fit and serves his ban and everything goes ok. as for england though its hard to tell if he will get back into the team at all. he has so much talent but hasnt shown it for long periods of time.