Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by ads »

I think it'd be unfair to take the captaincy off Ben at this stage in the season. He's been captain for most of this season so been through it all leading the lads. A proper captain, as i'm sure Ed is, would encourage him seeing out the season as captain.

And if there is a trophy to lift I reckon Ben will be the one given the chance to lift it.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

ads wrote:I think it'd be unfair to take the captaincy off Ben at this stage in the season. He's been captain for most of this season so been through it all leading the lads. A proper captain, as i'm sure Ed is, would encourage him seeing out the season as captain.

And if there is a trophy to lift I reckon Ben will be the one given the chance to lift it.
Agree with this.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Ed Slater is Club Captain isn't he? So not necessarily matchday captain every week.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Coops wrote:Ed Slater is Club Captain isn't he? So not necessarily matchday captain every week.
Exactly :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Apparently Exeter fans have been posting rather angrily on Saints forum about their team selection. Can't help thinking that beating Tigers in one of the two league games would have helped their league position.
A citizen of hope and glory
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That's a great team and the Sinners will be no push over, confident we can win at home.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
barnythebear

Post by barnythebear »

Not surprised Exeter are up in arms given that if teams are equal on league points and wins it's down to points difference!! Remind me who have Sarries got??
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I've no idea what goes on in Jim Malinders mind, but I can see a scenario where he might not want to play Chiefs in the Semis, and the best way to avoid it is go down to us and hope that Sarries make hay at Welsh. Saints have enjoyed a good run against Sarries of late, so maybe they favour them. Mmmmmm. Maybe a bit too contrived. Can see why Chiefs are a bit upset though. Looks like there are at least six first pick players missing from the matchday 23, and several starting on the bench.

Ole Jim's giving us a chance, and we need to take it! As someone else has said, if we don't win tomorrow we dont deserve to be top four.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

barnythebear wrote:Not surprised Exeter are up in arms given that if teams are equal on league points and wins it's down to points difference!! Remind me who have Sarries got??
On the other hand Tigers have beaten Exeter home and away this season.....
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

Blimey, I might even get a call up by Jim and I'm a 48 year old Saints fan!! Best bring my boots along just in case!!!!
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

any team of 15 coming up the Welford Road in yellow black and green are not going to lie down for their counterparts in in red white and green. Saints will be a damn difficult team to beat and unless Tigers and their supports are on absolutely on top form they will lose
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Why cant they both be captains for the day

Saints have 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32713859
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

We need leaders to stand up and be counted - all over the field - in every position.

Ben may be the mouthpiece but I would expect advice and guidance to be offered from older/wiser/grumpier heads.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:We need leaders to stand up and be counted - all over the field - in every position.

Ben may be the mouthpiece but I would expect advice and guidance to be offered from older/wiser/grumpier heads.
You think Ben will take any notice of my grumpy old words of wisdom from the Crumbie?

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:We need leaders to stand up and be counted - all over the field - in every position.

You think Ben will take any notice of my grumpy old words of wisdom from the Crumbie?

:smt027
If he knows what's good for him he will..........as long as you shout above the standing masses of refs and adjudicators....... :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.