Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Manu Tuilagi - out of the World Cup...?

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

drc_007 wrote:Dreadful, when did this happen?
Early hours of the 26 April according to the BBC:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-32757633
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Gutted. What a really silly thing to do.

Not sure if I admire SLancaster for his stance or not. I'm guessing it wont have been an easy decision for him.

The extra recovery time will be useful, but I think most of us would have preferred him to have been playing in the World Cup.

Gutted. And disappointed. Very disappointed.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Post match PUs were pretty riotous in my day. Especially on tour.
Many a copper or bouncer got a fist in the face and wow betide anyone picking on our team mates.
Whether it was a gendarme, carabinari or bobby that caught one, there was hardly
ever any ramifications. Mind you, trash a hotel room and there was money demanded to
put it right. It was usually called, high spirits.
Remember Smart in Paris a few years ago? That wasn't a night for the faint hearted.
It's all very different now and I suppose this episode had nothing to do with rugby at all.
I wasn't there so you never know if he was provoked or goaded.

Maybe Manu's big brothers should take him in hand and show him the error of his ways?
A life long Tiger
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Smudge wrote:Post match PUs were pretty riotous in my day. Especially on tour.
Many a copper or bouncer got a fist in the face and wow betide anyone picking on our team mates.
Whether it was a gendarme, carabinari or bobby that caught one, there was hardly
ever any ramifications. Mind you, trash a hotel room and there was money demanded to
Remember Smart in Paris a few years ago? That wasn't a night for the faint hearted.
It's all very different now and I suppose this episode had nothing to do with rugby at all.

Maybe Manu's big brothers should take him in hand and show him the error of his ways?

Sorry but in what fantasy world do you live in where a blind eye was turned to police officers being punched in the face because it was a rugby player out on the batter.

You do talk some nonsense.
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I'm sure I won't be popular for saying this, but despite his outstanding abilities and worth to the club, I think he should be sacked. When footballers transgress in this manner I am furious that they aren't dismissed by the club instantly, as I would be from my job if I did the same. Rugby often attracts plaudits for respect, discipline and handling of issues and I would like this to be another example.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Sorry to say too that it's being reported that the police officer in question was female. I do hope it was more a push away avoiding arrest than a strike. Not that either would be okay.

Stupid boy.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

murphy15 wrote:I'm sure I won't be popular for saying this, but despite his outstanding abilities and worth to the club, I think he should be sacked. When footballers transgress in this manner I am furious that they aren't dismissed by the club instantly, as I would be from my job if I did the same. Rugby often attracts plaudits for respect, discipline and handling of issues and I would like this to be another example.
An inconvenient truth. Maybe time will ease things.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

"The four charges relate to incidents in Leicester. He admitted assaulted a police constable and a woman special constable. He also admitted to assaulting a man and causing £100 damage to his wing mirror."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Manu- ... story.html#

Inexcusable, regardless of the situation. A woman special constable.

Is he indispensable? I think not.
Valhalla I am coming!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Ian wrote:
Smudge wrote:
Post match PUs were pretty riotous in my day. Especially on tour.

Sorry but in what fantasy world do you live in where a blind eye was turned to police officers being punched in the face because it was a rugby player out on the batter.

You do talk some nonsense.
You have clearly never played the game or toured. If you doubt my word come and tell me so to my face at the ground, or safer for you, read a few accounts of the antics that players have been involved in over the years.
If you actually read my post,In no way did I condone Manu's action as I wasn't there to see it. If you were actually there then that's different but I somehow doubt you were and have jumped on the band wagon as always.
A life long Tiger
izzy2012

Post by izzy2012 »

I might be agreeing with you murphy15, especially if the rumours are true that it was a female police officer. I'm not sure I want to know anymore about it, this may sound silly but it has really upset me.
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I have though Smudge, and currently do, and your thinly-veiled dig at Iain is unacceptable on this forum. That, and you are wrong. Players, especially at good levels, know how to control themselves. I have never taken a swipe at anyone while out with team mates. Perhaps you didn't fall in to these categories?
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yeah sure. Gendarmes were punched and nobody got in trouble.

You are Jay from the Inbetweeners and I claim my five pounds.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Unfortunately Manu does have previous form at being, shall we say, stupid? Maybe it stems from the fact that he left the strict family environment in Samoa at an early age to come here and join the academy. Losing the guidance of parents often results in behavioural difficulties.
None of the above in any way excuse what he has done, as a professional sportsman he should be well aware of all the implications BEFORE embarking on such a mission!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

This might just be where we discover the man behind the rugby player. It’s been suggested that, if his England career is halted he might go to France or Japan. I would hope that if he is genuinely contrite and truly wishes “for a future chance to prove myself again”, then he’ll stay and try his very best to make amends. I think he owes that to the Club and its supporters; to the people he assaulted; and to his family and, ultimately, himself.

We’ll see…
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

This is a post from the saints forum. I wonder who this is...?

"Re: Manu Tuilagi to miss World Cup after assaulting police officer
Posted by: SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2015 15:52
silly boy!! couldnt help but plant some bait on the tigers board tho"

No caps, poor spelling and dreadful punctuation. What an ambassador :smt027
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man