Tait might not be off? Now staying!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simoscribbler
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tait might not be off?

Post by simoscribbler »

Tait would be well worth keeping, of course, but just to say that Niall really was excellent yesterday (vs Wasps). I'm always a bit surprised that he doesn't get more praise on here - he's absolutely outstanding under the high ball and has a great footballing brain. I was as pleased to see him re-sign as I was a certain bloke from Naas who played once or twice for us in the 15 shirt....
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I think he has been playing really well at centre, had an excellent game yesterday. His tackling has improved considerably since over the last year.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Bayonne beaten again, tait would be a wasted talent in the French lower division, he is looking good at centre, would go for Loamanu and him against saints next weekend, Loamanu looked good the time he was on yesterday, powerful and makes the yards.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote:This is an interesting story..

In the Top 14 two teams get relegated, Lyon are already dead and buried and it is between Castres, Grenoble, Bayonne and Brive who goes down in that one spot..

Bayonne have less wins than the others but currently 1 more point that Castres and Grenoble who go to Toulon and have Clermont at home respectively..

Bayonne go to Montpellier who have nothing to play for as far as I am aware unless Euro qualification?

Montpellier can still get top 6 and that would mean they get in the play offs I think. Or they can still get Europe if they win the next two games and racing metro lose. I think this is what could happen
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Hopefully Bordeaux can do us a favour as I think keeping Tait would be akin to an international singing such is his form and talent..

Morris was great under the high ball but needs to offer more in attack often seemed to saunter back with the ball instead of at pace which I found odd..
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

The reason he signed for Bayonne is because Tigers never offered him a contract.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jonlin wrote:The reason he signed for Bayonne is because Tigers never offered him a contract.
Hopefully there is an opportunity to rectify that error if Bayonne go down.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Particularly if we've failed to procure a 2nd marquee player. I know that we may not be able to designate Tait as such, but perhaps one of the other acquisitions could be re-defined, freeing up salary cap space.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
bendalloway

Post by bendalloway »

I can't see Tait staying whatever happens with Bayonne. Cockers has already said he's definately off and that the money has been / will be spent elsewhere. He's also had his leaving do at a Leics pub!
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

Interesting to listen to Mathew on the Tigers Rugby programme yesterday evening (13 May). When asked a direct question of what would happen if Bayonne went down, he clammed up. Perhaps there is hope yet!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote:Interesting to listen to Mathew on the Tigers Rugby programme yesterday evening (13 May). When asked a direct question of what would happen if Bayonne went down, he clammed up. Perhaps there is hope yet!

Hope springs eternal :smt023

He really has been class at both 15 and 13...Just a great player if it wasn't for injury and subsequent loss of pace would of played for England much more imo..
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I thought that Tommy Bell was viewed as the long term replacement for Tait.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:I thought that Tommy Bell was viewed as the long term replacement for Tait.
I think that you have sort of answered your own question. Long term replacement, yes. The general discussion is about keeping Tait for next season.
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

He stills has the skills and has been our best back player this year. (With poor competition) but his legs appear to be struggling IMO. I can't help but think he's managing his body through every minute. From memory he's got one try from the wing this yr. Morris scored from 15 last week with very little game time...there's no chasing or gambling on others breaking, and definitelyhe does not cover the ground as quickly as a few years back.
Some excellent tackling at 13 last week and line breaking the week before so the skills are still there but those injuries he sustained in his early years will have shortened his career, so it's more like watching a 32yr old as opposed to a 29yr old.
A natural talent but past his best physically IMO. Better suited for France so we should b looking t build for the future with bell or possibly Morris.
Gyp

Post by Gyp »

jonlin wrote:The reason he signed for Bayonne is because Tigers never offered him a contract.
That's true, and it amazed me at the time. I know he's had injury time but he plays like a Tiger every time he goes on the pitch and really puts his body on the line. People forget how much experience he has and what he can bring to a team.

Hello everyone by the way, I've been reading the site for ages and thought it about time I registered and joined in the fun. :smt028