Now for Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Now for Wasps

Post by Ian Cant »

Now is the time for the whole club to make one united effort to show what we can do. Will be at The Ricoh knowing Tigers will be truly up against it. Wasps now have an injury free squad and we will be missing most of our key players, Slater,Croft, Manu, Ayerza, Allen, Williams,(Deacon now retired) and even Benjamin would have come into his own on the harder grounds!
No more excuses. No more saying 'we will do this or do that' in the press!Just give it a go like the City have. I don't usually look to City for a way to go but the club has just shut up, apart from Pearson, not blamed injuries and just fronted up in a far worse situation than Tigers find themselves. GO TIGERS GO. Wasps favourites, playing great rugby but at least Tigers have a chance. Can we take it?
covrich

Re: Now for Wasps

Post by covrich »

It is a sell out!! I hope that means many of you are coming down . I am going with my Wasp bandwagoner family but I will be out numbered and need some backing!!

There is a real opportunity for us to be the 16th man though I have been to a few matches at the Ricoh and the crowd is a bit sterile, We was at the cheifs game and the 20 or so chiefs fans were a lot louder than the Wasps crowd.

They even have to tell the new Wasps fans to sing Allez Allez Allez. :smt042

I am looking forward to it and I really hope we can give it our all.. I am fearful that we will be blown away though
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

covrich wrote:It is a sell out!! I hope that means many of you are coming down . I am going with my Wasp bandwagoner family but I will be out numbered and need some backing!!

There is a real opportunity for us to be the 16th man though I have been to a few matches at the Ricoh and the crowd is a bit sterile, We was at the cheifs game and the 20 or so chiefs fans were a lot louder than the Wasps crowd.

They even have to tell the new Wasps fans to sing Allez Allez Allez. :smt042

I am looking forward to it and I really hope we can give it our all.. I am fearful that we will be blown away though
Bit harsh referring to wasps fans as bandwagon jumpers. I seem to remember a fair few jumping onto the good ship Tiger over the years, especially around the European titles and any time we seem to make the play off final.
covrich

Post by covrich »

If you look I was referring to my family who have never even botehred with club rugby whatsoever.

They even admit they are badnwagoners
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I've got little confidence for this game. I think Wasps will win by some distance. We've had so many games where we've needed to step up and get a big result and we've lost. I hope they prove me wrong but I can't see us winning to be honest.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

From what I have heard from wasps end it could be 50% + Tigers fans.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Ian Cant wrote:Wasps now have an injury free squad and we will be missing most of our key players...
Bradley Davies, Joe Launchbury, Piri Weepu, Ruaridh Jackson and Chris Bell are all back from injury this week?
covrich

Post by covrich »

Not sure if it is still the case but I thought I heard a few weeks back Launchbury would be back for this game..
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The insects have always been a thorn in our side, would be great to give them a beating, but I will settle for us winning by one score(preferably a 7 point score).

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

4071 wrote:...Bradley Davies, Joe Launchbury, Piri Weepu, Ruaridh Jackson and Chris Bell are all back from injury this week?
Would much prefer to see Weepu rather than Joe Simpson - Benny would run (wide) rings around him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Launch could be on the bench although as we know it can take a while to shake off the rust.
covrich

Post by covrich »

RagingBull wrote:From what I have heard from wasps end it could be 50% + Tigers fans.
Really? don't get me wrong I hope that is right but that would mean 17k Tigers fans..

I know there are a lot of Tigers fans in Coventry so maybe so but that does sound a lot..

Lets hope you're right :smt026
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I honestly can't see us getting anything from this match. Hope I am wrong.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

TomWeston wrote:
4071 wrote:...Bradley Davies, Joe Launchbury, Piri Weepu, Ruaridh Jackson and Chris Bell are all back from injury this week?
Would much prefer to see Weepu rather than Joe Simpson - Benny would run (wide) rings around him.
Yeah, Simpson is on blistering form right now, and whilst he's so erratic that he makes Youngs look like the model of consistency, when he's in form he's terrifying for opponents.

He needs to be taken out of the game - right up in his face quickly making him hurry his passes and decisions rather than have the time and space to launch his running game. He gets a bit of an easy ride from the Wasps pack when it comes to breakdowns - not only do they have an exceptional back row, but Gaskell and Myall (and Launchbury when available) also play like extra flankers. Need Salvi and Cole getting paws on the ball so that Simpson isn't running quick ball at retreating defensive lines.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

A 1 point win would be most acceptable!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.