Booing at HT on Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

APM16

Re: Booing at HT on Saturday

Post by APM16 »

This has no place at Welford road no matter how badly we are playing and
no matter who the opposition is (with the possible exception of Saints).
Not only is it bad manners, it demeans the game of rugby and makes us all look like a rowdy soccer crowd. I suggest that those people who wish to continue this should decamp to the Kingpower stadium when Leicester City are playing.
I'm a Tigers season ticket holder, but I've been down the King Power quite a few times this season and found the crowd very good on the whole. The only negativity at the King Power(despite being bottom of the league) was from the away fans(very understandable from Aston Villa and Newcastle supporters) - what is the appropriate response when you're distinctly second best to the bottom team in the league?.

I've witnessed much worse behaviour from some of the home 'supporters' on The Crumbie Terrace and expect the worst if Tigers don't man-up up against Saints. Might be more sensible to suggest disgruntled supporters are sent to Coventry, where they might have something to cheer(entertaining rugby!) - let's hope for Tigers sake that more than a small minority don't feel that the trip to the Ricoh is worth repeating on a regular basis.

Tigers now have meaningful local competition (Saints don't have capacity to expand, but Wasps have 32,000 seats and significant corporate offerings), so time for the board to face the facts, and up their game.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

APM16 wrote:
This has no place at Welford road no matter how badly we are playing and
no matter who the opposition is (with the possible exception of Saints).
Not only is it bad manners, it demeans the game of rugby and makes us all look like a rowdy soccer crowd. I suggest that those people who wish to continue this should decamp to the Kingpower stadium when Leicester City are playing.
I'm a Tigers season ticket holder, but I've been down the King Power quite a few times this season and found the crowd very good on the whole. The only negativity at the King Power(despite being bottom of the league) was from the away fans(very understandable from Aston Villa and Newcastle supporters) - what is the appropriate response when you're distinctly second best to the bottom team in the league?.

I've witnessed much worse behaviour from some of the home 'supporters' on The Crumbie Terrace and expect the worst if Tigers don't man-up up against Saints. Might be more sensible to suggest disgruntled supporters are sent to Coventry, where they might have something to cheer(entertaining rugby!) - let's hope for Tigers sake that more than a small minority don't feel that the trip to the Ricoh is worth repeating on a regular basis.

Tigers now have meaningful local competition (Saints don't have capacity to expand, but Wasps have 32,000 seats and significant corporate offerings), so time for the board to face the facts, and up their game.
Heresy! Apparently.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I'll tell you what I dislike about booing or barracking your own team most of all!
I like to give the teams I support the best chance of success and that means positive support until it's over.
Only after can I then conclude what I have seen and if the team still fails then I know in my own mind they had the best chance of success and nothing I did hindered that opportunity in any way.
I understand people can get emotional during proceedings but that is rugby and a part of rugby is controlling those emotions correctly, both on and off the pitch!
Cheery chappy
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

The Boy Dave wrote:I'll tell you what I dislike about booing or barracking your own team most of all!
I like to give the teams I support the best chance of success and that means positive support until it's over.
Only after can I then conclude what I have seen and if the team still fails then I know in my own mind they had the best chance of success and nothing I did hindered that opportunity in any way.
I understand people can get emotional during proceedings but that is rugby and a part of rugby is controlling those emotions correctly, both on and off the pitch!
+1 Well said
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The Boy Dave wrote:I'll tell you what I dislike about booing or barracking your own team most of all!
Well actually the booing seemed to have worked because Tigers won the second half so perhaps if everyone kept quiet they might have lost?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Make the sixteenth man effective! A "Sort yourself out, Tigers!" is of much more use, is just as fair a comment and rather more intelligent.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

The Boy Dave wrote:
I'll tell you what I dislike about booing or barracking your own team most of all!

h's dad

Make the sixteenth man effective! A "Sort yourself out, Tigers!" is of much more use, is just as fair a comment and rather more intelligent.
Precisely h's dad, be a part of the team and not a part of the problem!
Cheery chappy
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Sam Harrison's comment on the game.
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/35 ... JMTHP1L.97
Surreytiger

Post by Surreytiger »

I think the reason many people booed at the weekend was because we were losing to the worst rugby team to ever grace the premiership, in my opinion it was embarrassing. The players need to realize they are playing for the most successful club in the country and they need to pull their socks up.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Surreytiger wrote:I think the reason many people booed at the weekend was because we were losing to the worst rugby team to ever grace the premiership, in my opinion it was embarrassing. The players need to realize they are playing for what used to be the most successful club in the country and they need to pull their socks up.
Fixed that for you, no charge.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

G.K wrote:
Surreytiger wrote:I think the reason many people booed at the weekend was because we were losing to the worst rugby team to ever grace the premiership, in my opinion it was embarrassing. The players need to realize they are playing for what used to be the most successful club in the country and they need to pull their socks up.
Fixed that for you, no charge.
Hmm: I would suggest it'll be some time before anyone else can stake a legitimate claim.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

The Boy Dave wrote:I like to give the teams I support the best chance of success and that means positive support until it's over.
Extending this logic, do you feel that a half time rollicking (any team, any sport) by the "manager" is not appropriate? Just asking.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Cagey Tiger

Extending this logic, do you feel that a half time rollicking (any team, any sport) by the "manager" is not appropriate? Just asking.
The Manager can do as he see's fit, his neck is on the chopping block.
Cheery chappy
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The Boy Dave wrote:

Cagey Tiger

The Manager can do as he see's fit, his neck is on the chopping block.
Apparently not Cockerill's, he appears to be baring a charmed life.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
The Boy Dave wrote:I like to give the teams I support the best chance of success and that means positive support until it's over.
Trying not to put words in anybody's mouth but would 'motivational' be better than 'positive'?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game