The streaker

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

The streaker

Post by Iain »

What an idiot. No sympathy for him getting smashed by Hala'ufia whatsoever. I hope it hurt!

Anyway, my main concern was the ineptitude and slow response by the stewards. They want bringing to task for that. Yes, this time it was a drunk halfwit running around in the nip for what I'm sure he'd describe as "a bit of banter" (because he's an idiot). But what if next time it was a drunk angry idiot running at the referee for a bad decision, or running at an opposition player because they had seen some foul play?

The stewards did not move until he was off the pitch. It shouldn't have been Hala'ufia's responsibility to sort it out. But it was, and he was right to do so.
amber

Re: The streaker

Post by amber »

Personally I thought it was the highlight of the game
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

To be honest Iain, most of us around the 22 in the Crumbie thought he enlivened utterly dire proceedings. Sometimes we have to see the game as fun, and he brought a little sunshine into a dour 40 minutes.
Mrs G thought he'd had a body shave or wax, God knows what bit she was looking at :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yeah I'm sure we can all have a good chuckle. I keep hearing what a family friendly club we are though... not massively appropriate in the presence of children is it?

Whether you found it amusing or not, the stewards were inept.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Hala'ufia was completely OTT in hammering the naked prat! The streaker was on his way to the far touchline and would soon have left the field. All the other players sensibly ignored the intrusion. To suggest that the streaker deserved to be smashed to the floor by a 20 stone thug is a tad ridiculous.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Iain wrote:What an idiot. No sympathy for him getting smashed by Hala'ufia whatsoever. I hope it hurt!

Anyway, my main concern was the ineptitude and slow response by the stewards. They want bringing to task for that. Yes, this time it was a drunk halfwit running around in the nip for what I'm sure he'd describe as "a bit of banter" (because he's an idiot). But what if next time it was a drunk angry idiot running at the referee for a bad decision, or running at an opposition player because they had seen some foul play?

The stewards did not move until he was off the pitch. It shouldn't have been Hala'ufia's responsibility to sort it out. But it was, and he was right to do so.
If there's a next time and some drunken buffoon is running at the ref for a bad decision, which ref would the forum members want it to be? :smt040
Just for clarity, I'm having a laugh and the only violence I condone is the legal violence on the pitch!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote:To be honest Iain, most of us around the 22 in the Crumbie thought he enlivened utterly dire proceedings. Sometimes we have to see the game as fun, and he brought a little sunshine into a dour 40 minutes.
Mrs G thought he'd had a body shave or wax, God knows what bit she was looking at :smt004
I hope a little sunshine isn't a innuendo
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I've yet to meet anyone who complained about Erika Roe........but plenty who would have tackled her, bless her!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Iain wrote:Yeah I'm sure we can all have a good chuckle. I keep hearing what a family friendly club we are though... not massively appropriate in the presence of children is it?

Honestly, the stewards would be as well to keep an ear out for the abysmal language in front of children, if we're on the subject of being family friendly.
The worst language I've heard is in the corporate seats in the Caterpillar / GNC / Metrx / members stand. Only today, some twenty-something Neanderthal in tweed thought that Martha Focker was an appropriate term to use whilst a young family sat behind, horrified.
I also sat there at the pre-season Cardiff game where a certain Welsh International winger swore like a navvy throughout the game in front of my 4yr old daughter. Credit to his team mates who eventually pulled him up on his inappropriate behaviour
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

I was in the Cat on the 22 and I thought it was a disgusting tackle. A completely cheap shot against a lad who was not prepared for a smash from a professional athlete. The Welsh guy even prepared himself before setting up for the tackle. No coincidence that he was later sent off. He was running off the pitch with everyone having a good laugh and he should have been allowed to be picked up by the Stewards without an unprovoked assault.......
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The prat shouldn't have been on the pitch. He shouldn't have trespassed on to the pitch. Deserved what he got, maybe not enough
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Personally having seen the number 8 in action a hour after the streaker came on I feel the aforementioned streaker got lucky.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Iain wrote:Yeah I'm sure we can all have a good chuckle. I keep hearing what a family friendly club we are though... not massively appropriate in the presence of children is it?

? Eugh, it's streaking, hardly going to do any harm to children's "delicate eyes": as a poet once said "they got the discovery channel, don't they?" They also have the internet..

The stewards were rubbish, the treatment comes with the territory, though i thought it was a bit over-zealous.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

youngtiger wrote:
? Eugh, it's streaking, hardly going to do any harm to children's "delicate eyes": as a poet once said "they got the discovery channel, don't they?" They also have the internet..

The stewards were rubbish, the treatment comes with the territory, though i thought it was a bit over-zealous.
No so sure about calling Eminem a poet.... :smt005
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

On previous occasions the tackler has received a lengthy ban, the tackle from a professional rugby player being deemed to be the equivalent of a professional boxer punching the same sort of idiot.
Valhalla I am coming!