Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

BT Sport to extend Premiership Contract

Post by speedski »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31881516

Good to hear, think they do a good job and its good to see an increase in maximum games shown from 69 to up to 80 games a season.
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: BT Sport to extend Premiership Contract

Post by Johndudey »

It's always a good thing because they're trying desperately to make a rugby a much more viable commercial sport.

However, there is something a little bit off with BT Sport compared to the likes of Sky Sports. Not sure what it is, but there is something there.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Good. I think BT's coverage has been superb and gets the feel just right as a rugby fan watching games live. Glad to hear we will be getting more of it.

Sky's coverage had been very good for years but I feel they had become complacent and their coverage had got stale.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

I have to watch the BBC coverage with the sound off because of all the rubbish spouted by the so called experts.

BT & Sky both have better commentary teams, but a ref mike option on the red button - and maybe a choice of camera options too - would be great additions to the product IMO.

Glad at least to see a broadcaster prepared to back rugby and enable more of it to be seen on TV (not that it'll ever beat being there for real :smt023 )
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Glad that it is BT and not Sky. Once a game is finished, all Sky do is plug the next games on Sky and then go to the adverts, often with 8-10 minutes to go until the next programme. You may not like the people doing the post match stuff on BT but at least you have a choice of watching it or not.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Johndudey wrote:It's always a good thing because they're trying desperately to make a rugby a much more viable commercial sport.

However, there is something a little bit off with BT Sport compared to the likes of Sky Sports. Not sure what it is, but there is something there.
I think that is because Sky have been established so long that anyone else feels weird by comparison.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

I agree with Cagey.

I dropped Sky Sports immediately after the last Lions tour match and don't regret it one iota. My only drawback with BT Sports is there currently aren't enough channels. They seem to think roundyball is the be all and end all and therefore pack their airtime with matches from any league on the planet they can lay their hands on. With only having two channels, this doesn't leave much space for other sports.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

As I've just added to another thread, more games on BT inevitably means more weird and wonderful kick off times for people to vent their frustration at
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:I agree with Cagey.

I dropped Sky Sports immediately after the last Lions tour match and don't regret it one iota. My only drawback with BT Sports is there currently aren't enough channels. They seem to think roundyball is the be all and end all and therefore pack their airtime with matches from any league on the planet they can lay their hands on. With only having two channels, this doesn't leave much space for other sports.
But that's the rights they have got. They have rights for the English Premier League as well as the French and German leagues. They also have the rights for the Aviva Premiership, which they cover superbly. As and when they have more sports to cover I am sure they will have more channels to show them.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have dropped sky sports as well - cannot be justified with BT having premiership - personally much prefer BT coverage and will even put up with Dallaglio (he at least knows something about the game despite being a bit of a pratt) - rather than having to listen to the total twaddle dished up year in and year out by Barnes and even worse ..Morris
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

mightymouse wrote:I have dropped sky sports as well - cannot be justified with BT having premiership - personally much prefer BT coverage and will even put up with Dallaglio (he at least knows something about the game despite being a bit of a pratt) - rather than having to listen to the total twaddle dished up year in and year out by Barnes and even worse ..Morris
Agreed, Barnes has turned into the Geoffrey Boycott of rugby !!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:I agree with Cagey.

like it or not there will be more interest in the average football game then Rugby, BT Sport is a business at the end of the day stop crying about their football coverage just because you don't like the sport, they currently have 3 channels, no doubt the additional live game will be an extra Sunday KO game
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Johndudey wrote:It's always a good thing because they're trying desperately to make a rugby a much more viable commercial sport.

I totally agree !!!! They don't have Barnes thank god
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

floridaboy wrote:
mightymouse wrote:I have dropped sky sports as well - cannot be justified with BT having premiership - personally much prefer BT coverage and will even put up with Dallaglio (he at least knows something about the game despite being a bit of a pratt) - rather than having to listen to the total twaddle dished up year in and year out by Barnes and even worse ..Morris
Agreed, Barnes has turned into the Geoffrey Boycott of rugby !!
Ah but Boycott had actually done it at the top level in his sport
God created rugby so footballers have heros too