England to win Six Nations

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mikefro

England to win Six Nations

Post by mikefro »

Thank you Wales......thank you Wayne Barnes Sir.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England to win Six Nations

Post by L Smith »

We'll need around 35 points more than Scotland to be in with a shout. Ireland face Scotland next and Wales face Italy
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Promising start
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Are you sure?
3 chances butchered , defence like a sieve, and again lack of commitment in comparison with Scotland, Vunipola & Nowell excluded
Barnes head & shoulders above Poite too
Gawd 'elp us. Coaches need to set dressing room on fire at half-time
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

England won't win this game with Hartley on the pitch, can't throw, can't pass and can't scrummage either. England backs don't seem to be able to tackle either and don't seem to be talking to each other either. Squandered more chances in the first 20 minutes than you normally get in a whole game.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigercaspian wrote:Are you sure?
3 chances butchered , defence like a sieve, and again lack of commitment in comparison with Scotland, Vunipola & Nowell excluded
B useless. Should be mullering them in the set piece, Marler a penalty machine against Murray, who many LHs render useless. Serious lack of anything except halfbacks, midfield defence awful, and short line defence giving Scots chances out wide too.
This is a team that was beaten by Italy and generally outclassed, riven with injuries and looking good for a win.
Bye bye Lancaster if Scotland win? Alas, not a snowball's chance in hell, but we are not seeing a team that will get out of their pool, on either side today.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

First scrum with OTY on and we get the drive and the penalty.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Precision and Accuracy are sorely lacking
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Mike Brown is pathetic. He's jokingly been dubbed 'Mr Angry', I'm sorry but to me shouting at the referee shouldn't be part of the game. It's every time as well. If he wasn't a back playing for a London club he would have had this behaviour stamped out by now. It doesn't help when the media think it's a joke.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

tigercaspian wrote:Are you sure?
My post was shortly after we went 7-0 up after 4 minutes.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Massive missed opportunity to force Wales and Ireland into a points chase in their last games.
Advantage Wales...
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I think the points difference makes a Wales Six Nation unlikely? Much more likley is Ireland. Key thing is we need to win by a similar margin to Ireland. We might do. Not confident though.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

OTY certainly seems to have had more impact than Hartley, though I think TB's view is a little harsh.

Personally, gutted that once again Cipriani didn't get more of a go. I kinda like Lancaster, but I do think he makes some muppet like decisions at times. Like Robshaw. Ford should never have gone for the posts when we got our last try, into touch every time for me in that situation. A rolling maul with a try closer to the posts so that Ford had a better chance of getting the conversion.

We won, but a lot still to work on.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Dylan usually hits his jumper, that's two games when he failed at key moments. When OTY did it, the papers made it headlines? We won nothing in the scrums until OTY came on, Dylan acted as scrum half at one ruck near our 10 metre line and he threw behind the first player, some 2 metres away. Not sure how I could be accused of being harsh, one eyed maybe, but fair.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Okay, scrub 'a bit harsh' and replace with 'a bit one-eyed'!

At least OTY got a fair run out. Even YBY got taken off before Cips was allowed on and before Ford got taken off.

I don't think Farrell would have scored the try that Ford did. I like Ford but I don't think he needs to be doing 80 minutes every game. I also don't think that it reflects well on SL that Robshaw has played 80 minutes in the last 18 tests. Surely someone else was worth a go in that position? What will happen if Saint Robshaw gets injured?

Oh well a win. Somehow don't feel that great about it though.