Newcastle on Sunday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Newcastle on Sunday

Post by MJ Chairman »

So wasps score 2 wonder tries and get nothing out of a home game. We travel to a difficult place play awful and get 4 points, I know which the happier camp is going to be. A win is a win no more league for 2 weeks get behind the players for the LV and the back for the league with no Eurpean distraction and some key players back.
We should be hoping for second place not wining about maybe finishing 6th
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Morris Croft and Roberts all injured :smt010 Just as things were getting better it now got much worse :smt012
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Roberts is being carried by the coaches as he can't walk on crutches, Crowson thinks Croft has a serious shoulder injury which may well end his career at the club as we were supposedly looking to see how durable he would be. Morris has injured his wrist, I'm not sure but I think he's had issues with that before.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

MJ Chairman wrote:So wasps score 2 wonder tries and get nothing out of a home game. We travel to a difficult place play awful and get 4 points, I know which the happier camp is going to be. A win is a win no more league for 2 weeks get behind the players for the LV and the back for the league with no Eurpean distraction and some key players back.
We should be hoping for second place not wining about maybe finishing 6th
Absolutely, 4 points up there is no mean feat no matter how it came about. Sticking my neck out I reckon we're good for second :smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:Morris Croft and Roberts all injured :smt010 Just as things were getting better it now got much worse :smt012
Bell should be able to cover Morris
Hepetema has been playing well for Doncaster the last 2 weeks at 12 (was MoTM for Doncaster against Bristol last weekend) so will be a direct replacement for Roberts.
Croft is a big loss esp in the lineout, hopefully Gibson will stay fit. But Pearce also played well at 6 last weekend.

It is manageable ATM but we are on a thin line again.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Any win at Newcastle is a good win, especially with Deano Wellsy and Alesana all looking to put one over on us...........
leic

Post by leic »

Croft dislocated shoulder I heard
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

If we finish 2nd there should be a stewards enquiry! Anyone honestly know when Manu is back. Without him we have two hopes: Bob and none! Simples!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

According to Cockers, Croft has gone to hospital with a suspected dislocated shoulder, Morris had a bang on the head and somebody stood on Roberts toe... So I would translate that as Croft is out for probably the rest of the season, Morris should be fine in a couple of days, Roberts may have a broken toe. Whoever is interviewing him for BBC Leicester is a poor interviewer.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I thought I heard cockers say that there would be a few first team players making their comeback next week - hopefully that means Manu. We could really do with him fully fit for Wasps, Sarries and Northampton. Croft is a great player, but if he is out for the season and one of the higher paid players, I could see him leaving, which could free up the money for Salvi to stay. Cockers not being able to comment was interesting.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Horrible for Croft and the club. He deserves a large salary but with his injury record we can't give it to him. Really horrible situation to be in.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

leic wrote:Croft dislocated shoulder I heard
I spoke with Geordan at half time and that's what he said.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Totally with MJChairman, Fentiger and others of that ilk on here. Points won, nothing for style , and I don't care at this end of the season. It's not Strictly Come Dancing, is it....?
Just to underline the point, have just been sharing pints with some of my Pests mates down Aylesbury-way here who were bemoaning their current beautiful brand of rugby versus Sarries pragmatism - 'what's the point if you don't win' was their gist.
Very sorry for Croft - that'll be +/- 12 weeks to repair. Poor bloke .
Guinness&Nuts
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Guinness&Nuts »

I feel for Croft, as he has been unlucky with injuries. For me Gibson is a better option and week in week out (the odd exception) outshines Croft. So I don't think Leicester are going to miss Croft. After all Croft has been a shadow of his former self.

Morris will be fine, he took a heavy blow in the tackle against A. Tuilagi. He is not the first and won't be the last!

Have to Leicester were woeful at times. Even the set piece was struggled. B Youngs can't come back quick enough from International duty. Harrison is an honest player but offers no threat around the breakdown. Leicester need a spark from somewhere, don't ask me where it is going to come from though.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Guinness&Nuts wrote:I feel for Croft, as he has been unlucky with injuries. For me Gibson is a better option and week in week out (the odd exception) outshines Croft. So I don't think Leicester are going to miss Croft. After all Croft has been a shadow of his former self.
You forget, Gibson is off to to Franklin Gardens!