Sale game - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale game

Post by kpj tiger »

If Salvi is injured then you would guess Gibson would move to 7, but then who plays 6? The only options are Pearce, Thacker, Whetton and Loamanu aren't they
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

cockers spoke about pearce coming in on RL last night
cheers
Rich
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

is Parling fit? - he was released by England back to the club - but does that mean he is fit or still injured and our physios have to pick up the peieces as usual, not theirs - if he and Kitch are available that is good news

Gonevea and Benjemain are both excellent players but I do wonder if they are not better hard ground players and if Thompstone and Scully are not better in the bog that WR has become at the moment.

Is Morris fit?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I also think that if we have youngsters in the centres, I would like to see the likes of Tombstone and Scully on the wings, it is likely to be another mud fest like last weekend and we need some safer hands aligned with go forwards power. Niki and Miles on the bench for last 20 minutes when hopefully the game will open up for them.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wind and rain forecast for Saturday. Might have to take the ipad for the youngster to relieve his boredom :smt003 :smt002

Seriously though, as a spectacle, I can see this being a repeat of the last couple of weeks. If the result is the same (Tigers win) I won't be complaining.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I'm kinda torn on whether I want us to win purely on pens. May get quite funny seeing the media bile continue while we climb the table.

On the other hand I would actually like to see one!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Mercury states that Thorn & Parling will be available, with Salvi the major doubt...
Also Burns is progressing through the concussion protocols & will be available unless any mishaps occur between now & the weekend...
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

not scored a try for 303 mins, but more importantly we haven't conceded one for 257, but that's not as news worthy.

I'll settle for a win at this point.
cheers
Rich
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The win must come first, scoring lots of tries and losing is of no use to anyone.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

I think our chances rely on Burns recovering, when he went off last week we lost our edge. With him on the pitch and a pack of 1. Ayerza 2. Briggs 3. Mulipola 4. Parling 5. Thorn 6. Pearce 7. Gibson 8. Crane we should be able to squeeze out a win.

It will be an ugly game no doubt but if we win and Exeter can get the win against bath then the table could be looking something like
2nd Saracens 48 3rd Exeter 48 4th Bath 48 5th Leicester 47 6th Wasps 47

I don't know about anyone else but I would take that with the season we have had :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

kingol22 wrote:I think our chances rely on Burns recovering, when he went off last week we lost our edge. With him on the pitch and a pack of 1. Ayerza 2. Briggs 3. Mulipola 4. Parling 5. Thorn 6. Pearce 7. Gibson 8. Crane we should be able to squeeze out a win.

It will be an ugly game no doubt but if we win and Exeter can get the win against bath then the table could be looking something like
2nd Saracens 48 3rd Exeter 48 4th Bath 48 5th Leicester 47 6th Wasps 47

I don't know about anyone else but I would take that with the season we have had :smt023
I am still hopeful we can do our usual and get into the top 4, but I see your point re the top 6 and the season we have had. This side has demonstrated it has some of the "Tigers dog" about it, even if we do seem to have lost the ability to hold onto the ball and get over the white wash.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Apologies to all who have missed my terrace front rantings, Mrs G has not fully recovered from her recent illness, and as she has a rather knackered immune system I am not risking her presence on Sat. Not even the consolation of TV either (though I have thrown soft items at the TV over reffing decisions).
Gutted. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
dugthedog

Post by dugthedog »

jgriffin wrote:Apologies to all who have missed my terrace front rantings, Mrs G has not fully recovered from her recent illness, and as she has a rather knackered immune system I am not risking her presence on Sat. Not even the consolation of TV either (though I have thrown soft items at the TV over reffing decisions).
That's a shame but I miss your knowledge and information rather than your rants. We hope Mrs G gets better soon. I am going with the kids but Andie (wife) is staying home. Been looking out for you both but no joy.
I keep reading your excellent posts and sometimes very funny they are too.
It will be the radio for you then?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

dugthedog wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Apologies to all who have missed my terrace front rantings, Mrs G has not fully recovered from her recent illness, and as she has a rather knackered immune system I am not risking her presence on Sat. Not even the consolation of TV either (though I have thrown soft items at the TV over reffing decisions).
That's a shame but I miss your knowledge and information rather than your rants. We hope Mrs G gets better soon. I am going with the kids but Andie (wife) is staying home. Been looking out for you both but no joy.
I keep reading your excellent posts and sometimes very funny they are too.
It will be the radio for you then?
We will be back! Ta for the thought! Radio? My heart is better with Twitter, not Bleddyn
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Sharks team is looking strong, particularly in the line out. Without Tom Croft our guys are going to have to front up considerably to win good ball. Let's hope JS is fit and can compete with Braid on the ground too!