Sale game - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Sale game - Teams up!!

Post by tigerburnie »

News in the Merc that Salvi and Camacho available for this weekend apparently.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Brianf

Re: Sale game

Post by Brianf »

Sale will also be without Chris Cusiter as he has been called up by Scotland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31584759
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Camacho? :smt017 :smt017 Who is he.... :smt003
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Camacho available!? What next, Loamanu playing!?

Another huge game, this one. Another win starts to change the way people have viewed us this season and puts us right in the mix for the play offs.

Hopefully it stays dry and the pitch has been able to receive some TLC after the Gloucester game.

Burns' availability will be key. Hopefully he's fine to play, but we mustn't take any chances. If he's out, I'd prefer to see Bai starting at 10 personally.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I am glad that Cipriani will be with England as he is their spark..

Loamanu could have been epic for us this season with his size, pace and power but it has been frustrating for him to not be able to fulfill the Manu replacement role he was signed for..

Sale will think they can come and do and job on us I just hope Burns is fit or if not as Iain put they go with Bai the Mele situation did not look good..
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I am glad that Cipriani will be with England as he is their spark..

Loamanu could have been epic for us this season with his size, pace and power but it has been frustrating for him to not be able to fulfill the Manu replacement role he was signed for..

Sale will think they can come and do and job on us I just hope Burns is fit or if not as Iain put they go with Bai the Mele situation did not look good..
I for one would love to see Bai starting at 10. It sometimes takes a change in personnel who bring something different to kick start a game. One thing also is that Sale will not know too much what to expect from Bai. If Burns is not fit, give it a go Tigers !!!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Also apparently Parling is fit to play, whether it will be for England or Tigers I don't know. I would have thought England would want him to have a club game under his belt before he comes into contention.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

drc_007 wrote:Also apparently Parling is fit to play, whether it will be for England or Tigers I don't know. I would have thought England would want him to have a club game under his belt before he comes into contention.
He's back at Welford Road ATM
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote:News in the Merc that Salvi and Camacho available for this weekend apparently.
Do you have a link please :smt023 I would utterly staggered if Camacho is fit or plays this weekend :smt017 Besides which Lomanu according to Cockers has been fit for 2 weeks but he will no play him because he has not had sufficient game time. Well in that case when and where is he going to get it and if not is that him fit but out for the season :smt017 We badly need him so why not bench him and bring him on with 10 - 20 mins to go:smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Don't get overexcited about Camacho...
Camacho is in training and, according to Richard Cockerill, is "doing good things" and will be able to "offer something different" when he is fit, which could be next month.
Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Signi ... z3SfjOAy8Z
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

And from the same article...
It has been commonplace to hear Tigers supporters wish for the day when they can finally put their 'full-strength' side out this season. For the first time after the win at London Irish, Cockerill admitted that is likely to be beyond him now. With Owen Williams out for the season, Ed Slater battling against time and Ant Allen and Manu Tuilagi nowhere on the horizon, that is four of a starting XV out already.
Frankly, getting to the play offs in our circumstances would be a massive achievement. Not that I am saying would she be "satisfied" with it. We've had the debate on how much of our own doing it is. Just that by rights our season should be almost dead now IMO. I keep telling myself though, that there is still 6 weeks to the run in, and 3 months until the play off semis. So if we keep hanging in there.... maybe, just maybe...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:And from the same article...
It has been commonplace to hear Tigers supporters wish for the day when they can finally put their 'full-strength' side out this season. For the first time after the win at London Irish, Cockerill admitted that is likely to be beyond him now. With Owen Williams out for the season, Ed Slater battling against time and Ant Allen and Manu Tuilagi nowhere on the horizon, that is four of a starting XV out already.
Frankly, getting to the play offs in our circumstances would be a massive achievement. Not that I am saying would she be "satisfied" with it. We've had the debate on how much of our own doing it is. Just that by rights our season should be almost dead now IMO. I keep telling myself though, that there is still 6 weeks to the run in, and 3 months until the play off semis. So if we keep hanging in there.... maybe, just maybe...
Frankly, with the injury crisis we've suffered and the morale-crushing start to the season we endured I believe Cockers deserves huge praise for keeping us in a position where we are striking distance from the top two. It really ought to have been impossible at this point of the season.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

This and the Exeter game could be the most important of our season where wins could really get us fired up for the run in. What would be nice also if we could beat Exeter in the LV semifinal and a week later face Saints on their own patch in the final.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:
ourla wrote:And from the same article...
Frankly, with the injury crisis we've suffered and the morale-crushing start to the season we endured I believe Cockers deserves huge praise for keeping us in a position where we are striking distance from the top two. It really ought to have been impossible at this point of the season.
Agreed, just because we are Tigers we do not have a divine right to win anything. I think where we are, although not where I would like, is a great achievement.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I agree if you look at other teams had they lost their front line players like we have they would be well down....

To be where we are is an achievement :smt023