Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

matera in a fight!!!

Post by amazing tiger »

just read this

Argentinian rugby player Pablo Matera, 22, who until recently played for Leicester Tigers, has been involved in a punch-up at a disco in his home country.

The player was celebrating with friends in the city of Pilar, in the central Argentine province of Buenos Aires, when the fight started.

Footage captured of the incident was published by the newspaper El Diario de Pilar, and shows how the rugby player started to argue with another reveller.

The Argentine Rugby Union later published a statement saying: "The Argentine Rugby Union, through the Area of Human Resources, has started an internal investigation in order to analyse Pablo Matera’s behaviour and a possible breach of his contractual and employment obligations."

The president of the union, Carlos Araujo, said he would talk with the rugby player to hear his version of events before taking further action.

He said: "I learned that there was a problem with a player. I have to say I was surprised because he is normally a quiet person, but the union must investigate the case."

Matera has recently signed a new contract with the Argentina national rugby team, known as Los Pumas.

Araujo said: "It would have to be a serious matter for the union to penalise a World Cup player but nevertheless we can't comment further until we have spoken to him."

The player has said in his Twitter profile that what happened occurred while he was out on the town with friends and it was a bad mistake.

He said: "I have no excuses and I accept all the responsibility for my actions."
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: matera in a fight!!!

Post by fentiger »

I saw the Tweets a day or two ago but wasn't able to put them in any context. This explains it, great shame as he seems a level headed guy. Thanks for the link :smt023
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

He probably arrived at the disco in his "Top Gear" outfit! :smt043
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

"until recently played for Leicester Tigers". I knew he had been injured but hadn't realised that he had left. Another international class player who has left or is leaving the club!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

bc wrote:"until recently played for Leicester Tigers". I knew he had been injured but hadn't realised that he had left. Another international class player who has left or is leaving the club!
He's signed up with the new Argentinian super rugby franchise. It's been discussed on the rumours and signings thread.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
bc wrote:"until recently played for Leicester Tigers". I knew he had been injured but hadn't realised that he had left. Another international class player who has left or is leaving the club!
He's signed up with the new Argentinian super rugby franchise. It's been discussed on the rumours and signings thread.
Yes, but they all say from 2016, implying that we have him for the rest of this season and hopefully next?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dont think that we will see him in a Tigers shirt again
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Dont think that we will see him in a Tigers shirt again
In which case why has the club still not officially announced his departure :smt017 Indeed he is still named as being as a member of the senior squad.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I too don't think we will see him in a tigers shirt again, in fact, I don't think we will even see him in this country for the foreseeable future. I am not privy to his contract or his medical condition, but I do feel that we should be looking closely at what we are paying him and let him go at the earliest possible opportunity. I say that with a degree of sadness as I was very excited at the possibility of him coming and advocated it, but if we look at the value for money equation, he is another who has proved to be not worth it.
Hehehehehehehehe