Raise money for charity re Wasps Billboard

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Red Boots

Re: Wasps fans launch poster campaign in Leicester

Post by Red Boots »

Made me laugh.
Btw when will the Wasps v Tigers tickets be on sale?
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Iain wrote:By the way, if you want more examples of pettiness from our marketing / PR bods, visit http://www.englandsaxons.com.

That is petty as hell.
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

So let me understand this....we have bought the EnglandSaxons.com url and directed it at our website. Unbelievable.......

I thought putting our poster up on Wasps door step reflected badly on us.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

TigerintheCatStand wrote:So let me understand this....we have bought the EnglandSaxons.com url and directed it at our website. Unbelievable.......

I thought putting our poster up on Wasps door step reflected badly on us.

The club bought the domain as soon as England A rebranded as England Saxons. I think they saw it as another little victory over the RFU. Of course, nobody cared and you'd have known no more about it had I not shown you. Just makes the club look petty and unprofessional.
Linemakers

Post by Linemakers »

:smt007
Last edited by Linemakers on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linemakers

Post by Linemakers »

johnthegriff wrote:To Simorscribble Tigers do a hell of a lot in the community over a very wide area. Their rugby camps spread near and far even abroad. Much of what they do benefits the community and rugby with no direct benefit to Tiger, Wasps have not done this over the years as they have moved from ground to ground, I doubt they will do it in Coventry when they continue to lose money each season.
They won't lose money as Landrover are picking up the tab. That's the reason they are playing in Coventry
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

With the crowds they are already getting, I doubt they will lose money. However one eyed we may be, so far the Ricoh move is a huge success
simoscribbler
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by simoscribbler »

johnthegriff wrote:To Simorscribble Tigers do a hell of a lot in the community over a very wide area. Their rugby camps spread near and far even abroad. Much of what they do benefits the community and rugby with no direct benefit to Tiger, Wasps have not done this over the years as they have moved from ground to ground, I doubt they will do it in Coventry when they continue to lose money each season.
That's good to hear, and long may it continue. We live a long way away now, but my (now adult) kids still talk about the summer camps that they attended in the late '90s. Given that our Academy has struggled to produce the numbers of first-teamers that I'd like to see (50%+) over the last few years maybe the best bet is to spread the net wider, and try to recruit the 18-20 year olds who start ripping it up in junior club set-ups across the region.

But on the point of losses I'm not sure you're right at all - doesn't it depend on how deep the Wasps' owners' pockets are? If I were in the Tigers commercial set-up I'd certainly be preparing for a long-term battle for hearts, mind, bums on seats and even young playing talent. Eras of dominance come and go - and we have no divine right to a place at the top table of English rugby. Maybe Wasps arrival is a straw in the wind, or maybe it will galvanise the club. I hope it's the latter.
covrich

Post by covrich »

I agree with Iain I wasn't too sure about that poster, I know it was banter but part of me made it looked like we were worried or intimidated by the Wasps.

I live in Coventry Not far from the Wasps Nest actually

Sadly the Tigers Billboard near the Ricoh got defaced by from football fans calling us see you next tuesdays
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

covrich wrote:Sadly the Tigers Billboard near the Ricoh got defaced by from football fans calling us see you next tuesdays
It warms the heart to see some followers of 'the beautiful game' know how to behave in public, almost like this lot.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

biffer wrote:
Iain wrote:By the way, if you want more examples of pettiness from our marketing / PR bods, visit http://www.englandsaxons.com.

That is petty as hell.
Maybe its not officially a tigers thing though... All the tigers domains are registered to Tigers, englandsaxons.com is registered to a private house in London
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

dunks43 wrote:
biffer wrote:

That is petty as hell.
Maybe its not officially a tigers thing though... All the tigers domains are registered to Tigers, englandsaxons.com is registered to a private house in London
You're going to have to take my word for it. It is a Tigers thing.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Someone from the unoffy has set this up:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... &pageUrl=2
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Raise money for charity re Wasps Billboard

Post by Tigers Tiger »

You probably all know about the Wasps Billboard in Leics. which cost their fans £800 to put up.
Well some Tigers and Wasps fans have decided to try and also raise £800 and give it to the Wasps nominated charity "MIND" to show that rugby fans can do great things together.
Over £400 has been raised for MIND by tigers supporters in the first 24 hrs, perhaps some of us Tigers fans on here can join in and also donate here -

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... &pageUrl=2

And Mind is the only winner here, unless you count Rugby fans pulling together ?
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Ian wrote:-
The club bought the domain as soon as England A rebranded as England Saxons. I think they saw it as another little victory over the RFU. Of course, nobody cared and you'd have known no more about it had I not shown you. Just makes the club look petty and unprofessional.

Personally I think it makes the RFU petty and unprofessional, for not buying up the domain before the re-branding was announced.
Remember Tigers are part of the entertainment industry, sorry if that only adds to your angst but stunts like this are part of that package.