Team V Ulster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Team V Ulster

Post by TigerCam »

Big Dai wrote:Before anyone says I'm a doom monger. I didn't expect a win when we beat Munster some eight years ago....but we got one. Not by four tries though. It's this type of game I'm anticipating and we could just as easily come out on the wrong side as the right side given our past away form.

The team that night

(Murphy; Rabeni, Hipkiss (Lloyd, 70), Smith, Tuilagi (Vesty, 79); Humphreys, Ellis; Castrogiovanni (Ayerza, 67), Chuter, White, Cullen, L Deacon, Moody, Jennings, Corry (capt).)

I feel was better balanced?
The best moment for me was Sir White taking a punch at a scrum and he just smiled. From then on it was Tigers game. I still have the game on my mac and it is still a delight to watch!! My mate won 70 smackers on Smith scoring the first try. It took us 1 hour to get out of Flannery's bar that night. woo hop!! Smoking Tigers!!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Not a great start. Parling gone and lots of handling errors.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Shambles so far, trying to play from deep and not looking for field position, pointless kicking from Burns, poor handling and decision making, pretty embarrassing stuff, so wish Mauger was arriving next week!!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

First 20 minutes we have been poor. Plus Parling injured. Ulster are playing like we should be.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Tait is superb but backs offer nothing at all in attack. Really poor. Europe gone.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

All the ball but no idea what to do with it.
Tigerchef

Post by Tigerchef »

we've had all week to sort a game plan out and this is the first half we get. Out smarted, but more worryingly... out muscled
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Did anyone genuinely think we'd go there and get a bonus point win? Bar Exeter we've been shambolic on the road. What was going to change this week?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

DaveRave wrote:All the ball but no idea what to do with it.
You can see it on their faces. The balls so slow, they must know nothing's on. Play the territory and we can still score 4 tries, we won't by chucking it about from our own 22.
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

Hard to watch this at home, so I feel so bad for any Tigers fans that made the trip! Cannot believe how poor we are away! Playing like school boys.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

DaveRave wrote:All the ball but no idea what to do with it.
Static, blunt, Dithery!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Tait is the only player playing particularly well. I suppose this is one of those "blips" we keep having according to the players. An injury depleted Ulster looks so much better than us so far, embarrassing so far. We need to start from scratch.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We not playing that badly Ulster are playing very well.

Although that ruck where the turnover happened with thompstone was through the side.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

doublecarpet wrote:Did anyone genuinely think we'd go there and get a bonus point win? Bar Exeter we've been shambolic on the road. What was going to change this week?
No I didn't. Even worse if we got it we were only queuing up for a French pasting anyway.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

A friend of mine works as one of the Ulster backroom staff. On the plane back from Toulon they were really annoyed about something Cockers said about them after their loss. My friend said they were going to stuff us like no team before.They were angry.

We look clueless, as nobody heard of a grubber kick or chip over a rush defense. Keep playing the same way and we are going to get creamed.