Travel to Ulster Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Travel to Ulster Away

Post by johnthegriff »

Leicester Tigers Away Supporters Club are organising a coach and ferry trip to Belfast. We will be leaving from the Tigers ground at 7.30 am on the Friday morning, staying for two nights bed and breakfast in a nice hotel, our coach will take us to the match on Saturday and bring us back to the hotel if required. We will leave the hotel at 10.00am Sunday morning and should be back at Welford Road by 9.30 pm. The cost is £190.00 based on two sharing a room if you are interested phone me John Griffiths 0116 2101056. or come to the Captains Bar after the Bath match.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Travel to Ulster Away

Post by MrPartridge »

ferry trip
That'll be fun on the Irish Sea in January! :smt002
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

MrPartridge wrote:
ferry trip
That'll be fun on the Irish Sea in January! :smt002
Been there done that - BARF BARF :smt037
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We have done it before and had no problems. I hope my optimism doesn't put the mockers on it but I am looking forward to our first win in Ulster for some time.
ulsterbeef

Post by ulsterbeef »

johnthegriff wrote:We have done it before and had no problems. I hope my optimism doesn't put the mockers on it but I am looking forward to our first win in Ulster for some time.
Ha, I hate to say I agree with you.

We are a shambles this year. There are a lot of "sympathisers" who blame the results on not signing big enough players to replace those who have left and how much of an effect those have left have had on the team etc etc.

I say nonsense, for the most part and put the blame on the appointment of a coach. He is out of his depth. At Ulster Rugby, its a case of jobs for the boys with former players being given roles within the club.

Anyways, where are you people staying? How many are coming over etc? For drinking before the game, head tot he errigle bar upstairs. After the game, head to cathedral quarter and go to the duke of york, dirty onion etc
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ulsterbeef wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:We have done it before and had no problems. I hope my optimism doesn't put the mockers on it but I am looking forward to our first win in Ulster for some time.

We are a shambles this year. There are a lot of "sympathisers" who blame the results on not signing big enough players to replace those who have left and how much of an effect those have left have had on the team etc etc.

I say nonsense, for the most part and put the blame on the appointment of a coach. He is out of his depth. At Ulster Rugby, its a case of jobs for the boys with former players being given roles within the club.

Anyways, where are you people staying? How many are coming over etc? For drinking before the game, head tot he errigle bar upstairs. After the game, head to cathedral quarter and go to the duke of york, dirty onion etc
' its a case of jobs for the boys with former players being given roles within the club.
I know of another club like that :smt017
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Ulsterbeef - I'll be heading to the Crown then the Morning Star before the match for one of the best Fillet Steaks I've had. Followed by much Guinness.

I went to the Erigle a couple of years ago after the match and had a cracking time. I'm staying at the Hilton, but meeting up with lots of past and current work colleagues. (I worked in Belfast for around 5 years and had a fantastic time in the various and varied hostelries around the place.)

Ravers, and it will always be so and not the Kingspan, is an experience everyone should taste and the redevelopment of the ground is impressive.

Enjoy the game!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

ulsterbeef wrote:

Thanks for this, we are flying over Saturday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon staying in the Travelodge, any recommendations for breakfast, drinking and eating near there would be appreciated.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Wolverhampton Tiger - As per my previous post, The Morning Star down Pottinger's Entry, just off the Victoria Shopping Centre serves good steaks both in the bar and upstairs restaurant. The Crown opposite the Europa Hotel is always good and then closer to the ground the Errigle is a good rugby bar. There are plenty of other eating places, especially the top floor of the Victoria Centre if you like standard chain-type places. There is also a bar called Muriels, a little eccentric (lingerie hangs from the ceiling) but they do serve a good breakfast. Another good restaurant I went to a couple of years back is Made in Belfast. Also, the restaurant at the boutique hotel Ten Square on Donegal Sq opposite City Hall is good too. Then there's Tedfords and Mourne's for fish and seafood.
Rest assured, you shouldn't go hungry or thirsty in Belfast.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Thanks WirralExile looking forward to our trip to Belfast!
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Anyone going have a place in mind where the Tigers fans will gather before the game? Any idea how many we are taking?
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

To all Tigers fans going to the emerald isle, have a great time, cheer on our team, get behind them, and prove to the television viewers what supporting your team is all about!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

floridaboy wrote:To all Tigers fans going to the emerald isle, have a great time, cheer on our team, get behind them, and prove to the television viewers what supporting your team is all about!
A rallying call to arms :smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

floridaboy wrote:To all Tigers fans going to the emerald isle, have a great time, cheer on our team, get behind them, and prove to the television viewers what supporting your team is all about!
I will try my best!