de chaves

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

de chaves

Post by amazing tiger »

he has played a lot of times for us but his performances hevent been that great. was he worth buying? the only thing i can say about him is that he has been helpful when we have had lots of injuries.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: de chaves

Post by teds »

What a curious question. Yes he was worth acquiring. He may have taken a little while to settle but he seems to be playing pretty well. Very useful addition when we have had injuries to the likes of Slater, Parling, Thorne etc.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I thought De Chaves has been pretty epic in the last few games, against Sale he really threw his weight around and seemed to be involved in nearly every ruck and maul, for the money we are probably paying him as a 5-6th choice lock he is great value for money
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Handy young player. Been playing pretty well. Will likely only improve. Not on a big wage.

Good value for me.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Darc Tiger wrote:Handy young player. Been playing pretty well. Will likely only improve. Not on a big wage.

Good value for me.
Totally agree.
Soggypitch
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

He's been excellent whenever I've seen him and one thing that stands out is his commitment and will to win. Pretty much every time he's played he's been bellowing at his teammates at kick offs trying to get the side going. V good acquisition, physical, committed and gives a good backup to Slater (when Slates is fit)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:He's been excellent whenever I've seen him and one thing that stands out is his commitment and will to win. Pretty much every time he's played he's been bellowing at his teammates at kick offs trying to get the side going. V good acquisition, physical, committed and gives a good backup to Slater (when Slates is fit)
+1 - always looked very committed and skilful when I've watched him.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

jgriffin wrote:
longlivethecrumbie wrote:He's been excellent whenever I've seen him and one thing that stands out is his commitment and will to win. Pretty much every time he's played he's been bellowing at his teammates at kick offs trying to get the side going. V good acquisition, physical, committed and gives a good backup to Slater (when Slates is fit)
+1 - always looked very committed and skilful when I've watched him.
+2 was very impressed with his performance at Sale at the weekend!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

+3, another product of the Tigers factory :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

He looks better every time he takes the field, a few others could learn from his attitude, always looks to give his best and his best is certainly improving.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigertone
Tiger Cub

Post by tigertone »

I agree with all the other replies. De Chaves has been impressive in all his appearances for Tigers. I can only assume that amazing tiger did not really believe what his own post but was just trying to stir up positive comments about a good player who does not get mentioned much on the forum. Mind you, there will be plenty of competition in future for places in the second row now that Peterson has signed.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I am more than amazed at Amazing Tiger and his opinion of Seb de Chaves! His attitude on the field cannot be faulted.
Valhalla I am coming!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Seb has been pretty good in my opinion.
Tigers - true Champions!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Getting better and better imo.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote:Getting better and better imo.
+1 :smt023

Also his attitude is excellent. Whenever I have heard him interviewed he has appreciated his position in the pecking order and that he is here to learn from the likes of Thorn, Slater, Deacon, Parling and Kitchener. He appreciates the opportunity he has here and is prepared to work to improve - a true Tiger attitude.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!